How long for CEO response?

sigmtr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Central IL
Hello,

New member here, great info on this site and forum. I sent a message to the ceo@echostar.com address on Monday, and was wondering when I might expect a response given the midweek holiday.

I have been a DishNet subscriber since 1998, and recently decided to add a "custom" Movie Value Pac to my AT120 and locals. I pay for the AT120 package anually. The promotion on this page:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/movies/index.shtml

... says I could add two of three choices for $20/mo, but I got billed for the "regular" Two Movie Pac at $22.99. My choices were Starz and Cinemax. There was no way to talk to a human being when ordering, and ultimately I used the website to order. Even then, there was no explicit way to specifiy this promotion. I did see a disclaimer that promotions would be discounted automatically. Did they just miss it or am I not qualified for some reason?

Any tips appreciated.

Cheers,

sigmtr

we get a 4 day weekend but i bet he took the week off. so maybe in a couple weeks. did you call cust service? try talking to an American in tech support. i did not know you can still pay annually. and i did not see any annual info in the link you provided. i would like to save some money on a yearly package also. does any one know if you can?

hobojoe said:
we get a 4 day weekend but i bet he took the week off. so maybe in a couple weeks. did you call cust service? try talking to an American in tech support. i did not know you can still pay annually. and i did not see any annual info in the link you provided. i would like to save some money on a yearly package also. does any one know if you can?

I think I'm grandfathered on the AT120 annual rate. They sure don't mention that payment option on the website any longer. But now with the Movie Pac, locals and the DVR fee, I'm up over $30 a month just for those items. Ka-ching!

No, I did not even attempt a call to a CSR. I know for billing issues it will not be routed anywhere but overseas...

sigmtr

I have had a response from ceo within minutes and up to a few days for others. Once you have someone to deal with, I try to email that rep directly. Seems to work real good that way :)

hobojoe said:
When I switched to the Bronze package I was told I could pay in advance but their would be no discount.
--------------------------------------

just waiting for 18 mos. to pass so I can dump dish. With the dish 1000 I have never had so much rain fade. Can hardly wait for winter...

sigmtr said:
Hello,

New member here, great info on this site and forum. I sent a message to the ceo@echostar.com address on Monday, and was wondering when I might expect a response given the midweek holiday.

I have been a DishNet subscriber since 1998, and recently decided to add a "custom" Movie Value Pac to my AT120 and locals. I pay for the AT120 package anually. The promotion on this page:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/movies/index.shtml

... says I could add two of three choices for $20/mo, but I got billed for the "regular" Two Movie Pac at $22.99. My choices were Starz and Cinemax. There was no way to talk to a human being when ordering, and ultimately I used the website to order. Even then, there was no explicit way to specifiy this promotion. I did see a disclaimer that promotions would be discounted automatically. Did they just miss it or am I not qualified for some reason?

Any tips appreciated.

Cheers,

sigmtr

It says 22.99 on that page...The $22.99 is correct.

miguelaqui said:
It says 22.99 on that page...The $22.99 is correct.

How about the blue circle on that page? It says "Choose Two Movie Packages (HBO, Cinemax or Starz) only $20 a month." It also has links for both new customers and existing ones, so this is why I felt I should get that rate.

Sadly, no CEO reply for me yet.

sigmtr

sigmtr said:
How about the blue circle on that page? It says "Choose Two Movie Packages (HBO, Cinemax or Starz) only $20 a month." It also has links for both new customers and existing ones, so this is why I felt I should get that rate.

sigmtr
OK That is for one of the value packs.....unless they changed it, the value pack was HBO plus another service, at one time it was MAX only; it appears they are now allowing STZ also. It looks like the situation is that you have MAX and STZ, so you would have to get HBO + Stz to get the reduced amount.

If that is the case, I agree, it's confusing.

lakebum431 said:
I think they allow any 2 packages. I know that Playboy is included...
OK even if that's the case, this guy pays for AT 120 annually. Value Packs are not available annually; monthly only....at least that's how it once was.

2 Movie Value Pack-$20

sigmtr said:

sigmtr
I look at this promotion the same as you do...stated on the add as follows: Movie Value Paks with qualifying programming*, (*Requires minimum subscription to America's Top 120, Dish HD Silver, DishLATINO Dos or DishLATINO HD Silver.) You can create your own Movie Value Pak by choosing 2 of the following premium movie packages-HBO, Cinemax or Starz for only $20 a month! Since you have prepaid a years subscription to America's Top 120 and I guess you still have at least more than a full month left on the subscription, I would think this should qualify you for the promotion of the 2 Movie Package for $20 a month by choosing Cinemax and Starz. I have used the e-mail ceo@echostar.com in the past a few times for troubles that have came up and have received a responce each time...hopefully you will be contacted shortly.

OK, I finally got a response from E* by mailing the FeedBack@customermail.dishnetwork.com address. Here is what the rep said:

Thank you for your email. We do apologize for any inconvenience. We carefully reviewed your account and show that you have annual subscription to America’s Top 120 package. When you have annual subscription you receive 1 month free of programming, but all other promotions do not apply. As a compensation we can offer you HBO premium movie package free of charge for 3 months.

So getting the one month free deal negates all other promotions. And the three months of HBO as "compensation" is for what? Misleading advertising? I'll pass; I've heard it's a problem to get those freebies cancelled if you don't want to keep them.

Oh well, the difference is only 2.99/month and I probably won't keep the movie packages anyway. And yes, I know there is a charge for voluntarily dropping programming. At least the one month free on the annual package is worth more.

sigmtr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)