How long for program tiles/icons to appear on a new HWS?

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
My HWS & SJ were both installed last Tuesday morning, but as of this morning, I still don't have program tiles/icons for any of the items recorded since it was installed. The only ones that show proper tiles are the ones I transferred from the EHD (from old Hopper). The first night after the install, everything showed program icons that were channel logos, but since that night, all they show are dish network logo icons.

Not sure if it is connected, but I also notice the program tiles that display on the info screens are also missing. Most times you bring up the info screen, they will all be blank, or occasionally show one or two tiles randomly across the open "you might also like" slots.

IMAG0919.jpg IMAG0920.jpg

I know things take a day or two on new Hopper installs, so perhaps I'm just jumping the gun. Anyone else run into this? I have tried a couple front panel resets the last few days in case that might jar them loose, and also tried having the EHD turned off for the nightly reset a couple nights, in case that was interfering in some manner.

I have H2Ks and recently went through 3 replacements due to problems. I activated 2 of them and icons/logos, full guide and daily schedule from saved timers all showed up within 24 hours.

My HWS & SJ were both installed last Tuesday morning, but as of this morning, I still don't have program tiles/icons for any of the items recorded since it was installed. The only ones that show proper tiles are the ones I transferred from the EHD (from old Hopper). The first night after the install, everything showed program icons that were channel logos, but since that night, all they show are dish network logo icons.

Not sure if it is connected, but I also notice the program tiles that display on the info screens are also missing. Most times you bring up the info screen, they will all be blank, or occasionally show one or two tiles randomly across the open "you might also like" slots.

View attachment 96336 View attachment 96335

I know things take a day or two on new Hopper installs, so perhaps I'm just jumping the gun. Anyone else run into this? I have tried a couple front panel resets the last few days in case that might jar them loose, and also tried having the EHD turned off for the nightly reset a couple nights, in case that was interfering in some manner.

I note that you tried a couple of front panel resets. Have you tried a full, pull the plug for 15 seconds, reset? If not, give it a try...

Thanks for the replies. I thought it seemed like they ought to be appearing by now, since all the other common "wait a few days" items are working fine. As Bobby stated, the only thing I hadn't done was pull the plug. I did that yesterday and the program tiles came back immediately on the info screens. They never have reappeared on the DVR list for things that recorded prior to pulling the plug, but I notice that things that recorded overnight since pulling the plug are now displaying program tiles. Maybe the others will eventually return as well.

The box also needs time in standby to download certain things. Not sure if your hopper has been going non stop since install but I would also try leaving it in standby when not in use, as well as they joeys so they aren't using a tuner when no viewing is happening.

They never have reappeared on the DVR list for things that recorded prior to pulling the plug
I don't think they will. Anything I recorded the first few days kept the generic Dish logo even after program icons started appearing on new recordings.

I don't think they will. Anything I recorded the first few days kept the generic Dish logo even after program icons started appearing on new recordings.

Yeah...I went back and deleted most of the early recordings just to get rid of them. So far, the tiles are still appearing with all new recordings, so looks like its good to go now. :up

I'm having the same basic problem. My HWS was replaced 2 or 3 months ago due to a number of problems. Since that time, out of several hundred icons in the "my recordings" screen, all but a half dozen or so are just "generic". The box goes into standby every night as is customary. I've tried all the standard ideas, but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any new thoughts before I start rattling Dish's cage? (Or deleting everything and starting over - more than a "little fix").

This is more than a little inconvenient and makes spotting a program quickly nearly impossible.

Thanks!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)