How long to be a new customer

SHADO 1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
St. louis
I used to have dish up until a few months ago, but with my job situation I had to cancel. I do want to have the service back in the near future, but would like to get some of the new customer discounts. How long do you have to be without service to be considerd a new customer?

Not sure there is an all-encompassing standard answer to that question. I was with dish up until last July and went over to Direct. I was not happy with the equipment and needless to say signed back up with dish a few weeks ago. I was able to take advantage of the new customer discounts. I'm pretty sure if you left your account in good standing that you'll likely get the same results (although I obviously wouldn't guarantee that).

both of them are right.
Your ss will tell them you are returning customer but after 6 months of break, u can qualify for new customer promo.

after 6 months you might qualify for a formers customer promotion. if you break any current commitments are do not pay off any final bills that may prevent you from getting a formers offer. once a customer, always a customer. your status will never change to "new"

I was not under any contract and the account was paid in full. Things at work may be changing later this year, so I hope to get service reastablished. I work for a firm that deals with the market, so you know how it is...

if you cancelled your account thru voluntary disco, left with a zero balance, and returned all equipment as stated in your contract, then after six months you can return thru the Formers promotion which gives you everything a new customer gets while requiring you to sign a two years contract for the service.

Hopefully when your ready to come back to Dish, they will still have the promo and can get into the new promotions. The lowest promo they have right now is pretty good 9.99 a month right now! for six months

The best thing for you to do is to keep calling (or chatting)to find out best deal,do this for a week or so and see what kinds of deals are offered.But most likely they (Dish) will require you to sign a contract as its too costly to have you coming and going all the time.