How long to update Dish schedule/guide?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dacar92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
chicago
There are two MLB games scheduled for today. They were needed after yesterday's games. These are first place tiebreakers. Cubs/Brewers and Dodgers/Rockies. I have noticed in the past that Dish is slow to update the guide. Neither of these games show up yet on the guide or in the Sports listings. How long could this take? I am at work and want to record them for later watching. But right now I would have to record all of the programs listed on ESPN to get them.

What I do to guarantee I don't miss a sporting event not listed or could be affected by weather, OT, NASCAR rain runnext day or extra innings.

I start with the 1st program and add 90". I go thru every program across the board and record with extra 90" added to everyone. Learned this the hard way a few years ago when I was DVRing WSOP and the final went to the next morning...Not that hard to do. Also, if yer not at yer home check yer guide from yer cell phone or work computer to see if DISH changed the guide to show what's actually on (I doubt it though because of the unscheduled games)

This week has 4 all or nothing games then ALDS/NLDS starts Thursday...Love me some BaseBall...Go Yankees!

Reactions: HipKat
The two games are on ESPN from 10AM PDT to 4PM PDT. You could set up recordings for whatever is shown on the guide for that time period, or simply set up a manual timer.

The two games are on ESPN from 10AM PDT to 4PM PDT. You could set up recordings for whatever is shown on the guide for that time period, or simply set up a manual timer.

I forgot all about DISH's Manual Timer...Definitely, the way to go for situations like events not in the guide...Thank-U very much!

Thanks guys. Yes I can record whatever is on ESPN during the times needed. But playback is a pain. I'll do it that way if needed. Now the games are listed in the Sports section of the guide. But are not available to my DVR for some reason. Giving it a bit more time to see what happens.