Status
Please reply by conversation.

marco916

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Sacramento
Last edited:
Any of you guys follow Gizmodo.com, here's an article on a guy in S. Korea with many Satellite Dishes.........

Very interesting macro.

I seen an news feed yesterday where it is illegal to have satellite dishes PERIOD in some place in china right now! Can you imagine that, get arrested for owning one! The feed showed protestors with them petitioning the side of the road someplace and the law was chasing them into the woods! They were running with dishes in hand!

I think I saw it on MHz WorldView Galaxy 19 @ 97.0°W.

I am glad we live here in the United States! The government there must not want them to see outside news sources at all! Sad!

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Ohh wow, arrested for having a dish, I'll have to look that up. I bet thats happening in Iran also.Thank god I live in America.. I will have to display my flags early this year.

In Iran you must be a bit sneaky with your satellite dish. A friend there watches American movies, news, etc., thanks to the availability of FTA signals.

C-band dishes were featured in a prominent scene in the Kurdish movie Turtles Can Fly; in fact the main character in that movie is named "Satellite". The satellite dish is symbolic of the universal thirst for freedom and uncensored information. As a member of the free world it is your DUTY to own satellite dishes, in solidarity with freedom seekers everywhere.

I have Chinese friends, too, I wonder what the penalty for owning a dish there is? There are certain topics I don't discuss with my friends online in these countries, I'm never sure who is listening in, and what the consequences might be if we take to bad mouthing the government. I do set an example and will criticize my own government's stupidity, not to disrepect our system, but to demonstrate the almost total freedom of speech we enjoy here. It opens eyes.

Little things

The little things we take for granted in American like simply watching TV, or putting a dish on your roof could put you in jail in other countries. Gezzz, living in American, I can't even comprehend this, how can someone, some country even think like the dark ages. Just to think about it, in Korea, S Korea, probably where most of our FTA boxes come from, have broadband internet, some sort of DTV, Dish TV all through-out the S. Korea country, but a few hundred miles into N Korea, you get put in a labor camps for owning a Dish or owing a cell phone. :confused: Don’t get it..

Funny

It's funny you say that, few months back, i found this guy on Criagslist who was giving away a 6ft BUD in my area with the stand and evertything else to go with it.
I picked it up, and put it behind my shed for now, wife still hasn't noticed it yet. I'll have to find a day to get it going and show her what I got for free...;) after i take her out for dinner...the things us guys do for entertianment..

My wife would cut me off the honey-wagon if I put up a 12' solid BUD. That's kinda the same thing.:rolleyes:

A few countries around the world don't allow satellite TV reception within their borders. I guess their main concern is foreign culture & political influence.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)