How many dishes do I need for HD? Upstate New York?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi, I am currently deciding whether to reactivate my DirecTV sub, or going with Dish.

Since I left satellites, I have picked up an HD TV. So, I need a new dish regardless. Because I am in wayyyyyy upstate New York, with Dish, I will need two dishes, one for HD and one for regular. I am just wondering if this is the case with Directv as well???

I don't like the prospect of hanging two dishes from my place and having to install another bracket and run another line. Maybe with Directv I wouldn't have to?

Please advise. Thanks,

ROb :confused:

bertbarndoor said:
Hi, I am currently deciding whether to reactivate my DirecTV sub, or going with Dish.

Since I left satellites, I have picked up an HD TV. So, I need a new dish regardless. Because I am in wayyyyyy upstate New York, with Dish, I will need two dishes, one for HD and one for regular. I am just wondering if this is the case with Directv as well???

I don't like the prospect of hanging two dishes from my place and having to install another bracket and run another line. Maybe with Directv I wouldn't have to?

Please advise. Thanks,

ROb :confused:

Normally you need one dish to get hd from D*, barring any los issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts