How many dishes required for Italian language package?

ksbuie

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
I switched to dtv for everything but the Italian language channels. I currently now have 3 satellite dishes in my backyard. I would love to reduce that number to two. I looked on the channel guide here and it appears that all the channels are on 118.9. Rai Italia, however, appears in red on 118.9. I also cannot seem to tune that channel on 118.9. Can anyone help?

You only need 1 dish for the Italian channels. If you have only the RAI channel you really only need the 119, any of the upgraded Italian packages will require the 118 as well. My guess is you probably have a 500+ dish with 110/118/119 so you should be good to go.

I switched to dtv for everything but the Italian language channels. I currently now have 3 satellite dishes in my backyard. I would love to reduce that number to two. I looked on the channel guide here and it appears that all the channels are on 118.9. Rai Italia, however, appears in red on 118.9. I also cannot seem to tune that channel on 118.9. Can anyone help?
In order to pick up 118 with Dish Network, you would need a "plus" dish. 118 requires a FSS LNB that comes with the 500+ or 1000+ dishes. http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Dishes/Dish-500-Plus-Dish500Plus.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts