How many DVR fees to pay for two DVR receivers?

dc00

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
I currently have an 811 plus an SD DVR receiver. So I'm paying the monthly DVR fee. If I upgrade the 811 with a new 622, will I have to pay 2 DVR fees each month? Thanks.

Iceberg said:
yes you will
each DVR has a fee on it (except for the older models like 501, 508, 721, 921)

And all DVR fees are waived if you upgrade to America's Everything Pak.

Nope, the fee applies to the 921. I think they were thinking about exempting it from the fee but they obviously decided not to.

Iceberg said:
true :)
but since he mentioned he already had a DVR fee, he doesnt have AEP:D

Obviously, which is why I said if he "UPGRADES" to AEP. :) Just giving him information on how he could avoid the DVR fees.

Wylwrk said:
My dad can beat up your dad.

No offence but that was really random and stupid.

ok recap, if u dont have AEP then u have the DVR fee. except w/ the 50X and (are there any more?). If they UPGRADE to the AEP then they dont have to worry about the fee.

Wylwrk said:
My dad can beat up your dad.

I agree with Shaggy. That was random, off-topic, stupid, and pointless.

sA :: Shaggy said:
No offence but that was really random and stupid.
ok recap, if u dont have AEP then u have the DVR fee. except w/ the 50X and (are there any more?). If they UPGRADE to the AEP then they dont have to worry about the fee.

501, 508, and 721 do NOT have any DVR fees. The 921 and all of the other DVRs (510, 522, 622, 625, 942) DO have DVR fees.

Thanks for the information. I didn't know the DVR fee will be waived if I choose to upgrade to AEP. That's definitely something to think about.

chaddux said:
I agree with Shaggy. That was random, off-topic, stupid, and pointless.
501, 508, and 721 do NOT have any DVR fees. The 921 and all of the other DVRs (510, 522, 622, 625, 942) DO have DVR fees.
Posted that in the wrong forum but, thanks for your warm responses.
You'd think I killed Santa Claus or something. Sorry!

I am wondering if the orginal poster was asking becuase he heard that Direct TV only has ONE DVR for per house no matter how many DVRs you have.

Why cant dish match this?

ScottChez said:
I am wondering if the orginal poster was asking becuase he heard that Direct TV only has ONE DVR for per house no matter how many DVRs you have.
Why cant dish match this?

I think that is a question many of us ask. There is no logical reason why they can't match it, they just choose not too. It obviously is not causing dish to lose many subs or deterring them from signing up (odds are new subs don't know about it)

That platinum pack waives the fees. They will show up on your bill with a $0 charge (or $0.0 or $0.00 depeding on how dish feels that week :) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)