How many EHDs have you connected to your Hopper?

How many EHDs have you connected simultaneously to your Hopper?

Votes: 6 20.7%

Votes: 16 55.2%

Votes: 6 20.7%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Since it has been reported that more than one EHD can be active at a time with the Hopper, it begs the question- what is the limit? How large can that hub be, and can you cascade hubs to increase the number of EHDs?

I debated an EHD, but with the space of the Hopper and having a two Hopper and being able to share recordings I have quite a few movies saved right now....though that could change in the future

I asked this question a while ago, and the answer was "two". Has this limit been relaxed?

Alright so it's time to put this question to bed. I have an unpowered hub connected, now I shall connect 4 EHDs, 3 of them on the hub. I would connect more but I don't have anymore room for all the wall warts and I don't have a spare extension cord handy. Maybe I'll test 5+ in the future, but I suspect that if 4 works then 5+ will work.

Okay, it's connected. Only two show up on the DVR menu, however you can access and transfer recordings to/from #3 and #4. Looks like you can only playback recordings on #1 and #2. Order is determined by what order that they are plugged in and how long it takes to initialize e.g. an empty drive will initialize nearly instantly whereas a full drive will take a couple of minutes. Another thing I noticed, you no longer have to reboot to format an EHD on Hopper.

It looks like there may not be enough room on the transfer for 5+ EHDs, but I could be wrong on that though. Maybe a scrollbar would pop up.

EDIT: I am also able to transfer content to/from all 4 at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts