How many have worked a 622 deal already?

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
In the past Dish has quietly done receiver upgrade deals with some existing subs while publicy saying they wern't available. For instance many of us got the $250 942 lease deal long before it became common knowledge. We were also asked to keep it quiet. That got me to wondering.

Since there seems to me to be relative silence about the fact that existing HD DVR subs are going to be made to wait, possibley a long time (or pay a $200 penalty) before they get to view the new HD channels, I'm wondering if this is because they've already gotten or expect to have a 622 by the time the new channels are launched.

Sean Mota said:
interested to know as well.

I don't have high expectations of getting much feedback on this.

Dish has successfully used the "divide & silence" tactic on many subs here for years and it's always been fairly obvious which ones buy into it. Hey, I've even done it myself in the past.

Maybe I've had an epipheney or something but Dish's tactics over the past few years has left a sour taste in my mouth and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Actually I shouldn't blame just Dish, "D" is no better and the whole entertainment industry is running amuck but Dish is who I currently give my $$ to, so they're my main concern.

I've seen at least one cryptic post that led me to believe this had been accomplished by that person...but I've been in and out of so many HD posts the last month, I couldn't find it if I had to.

Paradox-SJ said:
Its sort of hard to give back office deals on HW that isnt in out yet isnt it?
How do you know it isn't out yet? Because Dish says it isn't out yet ?

I remember a couple years ago when you couldn't beg, borrow or steal an 811 anywhere and Dish was telling people there was like a 2 month waiting period, I called and threatened to take my $120 a month elsewhere and had one installed in a matter of days.

When Dish was saying publicly that existing customers could not get a $250 lease deal on a 942 many of us here (myself included) got that deal.

I'm probably shooting myself in the foot here on any kind of a 622 deal but I've decided I'm not going to even try. I guess I'm just sick and tired of Dish's bull sh*t and deceit. There's already too much of that everywhere else.

waltinvt said:

I remember a couple years ago when you couldn't beg, borrow or steal an 811 anywhere and Dish was telling people there was like a 2 month waiting period, I called and threatened to take my $120 a month elsewhere and had one installed in a matter of days.

When Dish was saying publicly that existing customers could not get a $250 lease deal on a 942 many of us here (myself included) got that deal.

I'm probably shooting myself in the foot here on any kind of a 622 deal but I've decided I'm not going to even try. I guess I'm just sick and tired of Dish's bull sh*t and deceit. There's already too much of that everywhere else.
Well put:eek:

waltinvt said:

Well I spent the last few days trying to work a deal on a 622 through the executive office, no joy. I did ask about subscriber owned receivers and was told there is no requirement to trade them in if you are upgrading.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Well I spent the last few days trying to work a deal on a 622 through the executive office, no joy. I did ask about subscriber owned receivers and was told there is no requirement to trade them in if you are upgrading.
NightRyder
That would be good news for me if correct. Then I could keep my 942 and use it on my second TV instead of the 508 currently in use as my second receiver. The 942 should be a great SD DVR for years to come since it has NBR and a large hard drive.

drdr said:
That would be good news for me if correct. Then I could keep my 942 and use it on my second TV instead of the 508 currently in use as my second receiver. The 942 should be a great SD DVR for years to come since it has NBR and a large hard drive.
I am thinking of doing the same. The only problem is if I change over my 811 or my 501 receiver and keep the 942, then I am adding 6/month to my bill since the 501 does not have a DVR fee. But the 942 and 622 will. I would be paying 2 DVR fees instead of 1. I really wish Dish did this per account like DirecTV does instead of by receiver. Those DVR and extra receiver/lease fees really add up.

I am working on such a deal right now. I am still waiting to hear what can be done, but even if I do get help, I don't think I can tell you about it (or who helped me) lest I damage my relationship with that person. But I will let people know some of the details should it happen.

iKramerica said:
I am working on such a deal right now. I am still waiting to hear what can be done, but even if I do get help, I don't think I can tell you about it (or who helped me) lest I damage my relationship with that person. But I will let people know some of the details should it happen.

Yea, you can't tell us or they'll have to kill you:D

I know, let's devise a special codeword or "smiley" that people can post if they get a special 622 deal.:p

After going back and fourth with Peeps at the excecutive office I was told......... That if on Feb. 1st the CSR does not give me a 622 for $299. To give him a call directly and he will get me one. I am an existing sub that does not want to wait........

What will be the deal for new subs for the 622? I don't have the time or patience to wade through the multiple threads and hundreds of posts.

Will the new HD Package pricing only be available for new subs, or exisiting/previous subs, as well?

While the 622 is not the 2Wire HomePortal, the combination of 622 along with increased HD offerings and attractive package pricing make the switch back to Dish seem enticing.

Also, does anybody know if the new hardware and hd offerings will be available through SBC?

GaryPen said:
What will be the deal for new subs for the 622?

Same deal for new or existing subs - $299 lease. That includes a Dish 1000 (if needed) and installation.

GaryPen said:
Will the new HD Package pricing only be available for new subs, or exisiting/previous subs, as well?

New or existing, but existing can keep their current HD package if they wish,

NightRyder

Last edited:
Sorry if I've missed this - but, there is a LOT if information flying around.
I've seen many posts that say the 622 will be available for $299 (new or existing), and that existing subs can get a rebate of $200 starting 4/1.
Does this mean that I could order a 622 for $299 on Feb 1, then wait two months to apply for a rebate for that 622? I would love to have a 622 in time for Super Bowl (I know, that's dreaming) and the Olympics, and wouldn't mind waiting for my $200 rebate.
CB

ChefBoy said:
Sorry if I've missed this - but, there is a LOT if information flying around.
I've seen many posts that say the 622 will be available for $299 (new or existing), and that existing subs can get a rebate of $200 starting 4/1.
Does this mean that I could order a 622 for $299 on Feb 1, then wait two months to apply for a rebate for that 622? I would love to have a 622 in time for Super Bowl (I know, that's dreaming) and the Olympics, and wouldn't mind waiting for my $200 rebate.
CB

The rebate is only for subscribers who currently have a 921 or 942. I have read conflicting opinions on having to wait until 4/1 to qualify for the rebate.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
The rebate is only for subscribers who currently have a 921 or 942. I have read conflicting opinions on having to wait until 4/1 to qualify for the rebate.
NightRyder
Thanks for the quick response. I do have a 942 (leased). I was just wondering about the timing of the order versus the timing of the rebate (and return of the leased 942).
If I could order a 622 immediately, then wait until 4/1 to return the 942 to get the rebate, I'd do it in a second.
CB

ChefBoy said:
Thanks for the quick response. I do have a 942 (leased). I was just wondering about the timing of the order versus the timing of the rebate (and return of the leased 942).
If I could order a 622 immediately, then wait until 4/1 to return the 942 to get the rebate, I'd do it in a second.
CB

It has to be ordered after 4/1 to get the rebate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts