How Many HDTVs Do You Have?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Since subscribing to VOOM, we have now added 2 HDTVs with today's purchase of a 26" Samsung Dyna-Flat HDTV for the bedroom. Anyway....curious to see how many HD sets the average VOOMer possesses. (HD Projectors and PCs included)

Three for me: 55" Mitsubishi CRT RPTV, 50" Sony GWIV LCD RPTV, 26" Samsung CRT.

I'm a poor boy, just one 52" RCA RPTV for me.

There's been some awesome deals lately, tho. Circuit City had 53" RPTV (no-name brand) for $799 last weekend.

-John

2 RCA D52W20 52" Theaterwide HDTV-Ready TV

i liked it so much i got another one for the bedroom.

B00006JBK5.01.TZZZZZZZ.jpg

click 4 info

jgantert said:

There's been some awesome deals lately, tho. Circuit City had 53" RPTV (no-name brand) for $799 last weekend.

-John

The one you're talking about was an AKAI. It doesn't have a DVI or HDMI port, just components.

I only have one....RCA 38in tube widescreen, with built in Directv HD tuner.

Neutron said:
The one you're talking about was an AKAI. It doesn't have a DVI or HDMI port, just components.

Yup, AKAI. Quality, I'm sure. :) But who am I to talk, I have an RCA. Has anyone actually had any experiences with AKAI? Might make a good second HDTV set?

I see Best Buy now sells a 52" GE model that looks exactly like the RCA does. Was $899 on Black Friday. Still $300 off (same savings as the RCA last year, but it was $999 back then).

-John

Neutron said:
Actually I find PQ better over component for RPTV. Colors are just more vibrant than DVI. And I doubt we will ever see the component downrezing scare materialize.

jgantert said:

-John
I picked up a factory refurbished Samsung 26" DynaFlat HDTV for $399 - it was factory sealed and looks and performs flawlessly...at slightly more that half the list price.

3 HDTV's in this household with VOOM. Sanyo FP with 112" screen, 46 Mits in the bedroom, 32" Sony in the family room. Can't wait for the VOOM DVR to get rid of the HTPC.

I have none, I waited for the price to drop and for the quality of the product to improve, and it still looks like there are some improvements that can be made and a big price reduction to happen on the LCD, DLP and plasma HD televisions.

Only one set here. I am the proud owner of a Sony KDF-60XS955 LCD TV. :D

I'm cheating, I'm counting my PC monitor as a HD set in addition to my pj. I used it as my HD display for 3 years before I bought my pj.

4 here OOPS I MEAN 5
SONY 50" LCD
Sony 42" LCD
BARCO 116 CRT PROJECTOR
SAMPO 34 " CRT TV (WAY too heavy if i ever move one of you can have it)
RCA 52 " 4:3 <<< HEY THAT MAKES 5 i forgot about this one. it never gets used

Living Room: 41" Mitsubishi 42313 RPTV
Kitchen: 17" Dell W1700 LCD
Theater: 105" Electrohome Marquee 8000 FPTV

Im gonna have 4...

#1 52" Sony Rear projection wide screen - Family Room

#2 32" Sony CRT 4x3 Wega - Bedroom

#3 34" DISH Network Widescreen CRT - Christmass Present for my Brothers bedroom

#4 40" Rear Projecton DISH Network Set - At office in customer waiting room

I have two new ones-Sony KDE42XBR950 plasma on the den wall, 22" Samsung LCD HD in the bedroom...excellent VOOM resolution on both! It's interesting to compare the two formats, as they both look great in different ways...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts