How many inputs does a SW34 need to output 4 signals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

belsokar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
If I run 2 cable runs from a legacy quad 500 lnb to a sw34, will I get 4 outputs? If no, is there a switch that will take only 2 cable runs off my legacy quad 500 and give me 4 or more?

belsokar said:
If I run 2 cable runs from a legacy quad 500 lnb to a sw34, will I get 4 outputs?

No, the DP34 must have a DP single, twin or Quad used with it to get four outputs.

If no, is there a switch that will take only 2 cable runs off my legacy quad 500 and give me 4 or more?

Sorry, even a SW64 needs all four from your legacy Quad.

You need to run all four outputs from the dish, or get a DPTwin, and a SW34.

This is what I don't understand,...after doing some reading, I was under the impression that any dual lnb satellite can be run through a switch to create any number of outputs...they proceeded to show a bunch of examples with specifically directv, but said that dish network uses the same type of technology...

I called dish network this weekend,...and spoke with tech, and they said that yes, even with my legacy quad, all you need is two runs off the satellite, and they could run it through a switch...I made a point to verify this specific point several times...

They convinced me to get the 510 promotion for $99, and have an installer come out and set me up, and they would put in the proper switches...so that is what I did, but I was still a bit skeptical because I seem to be hearing different things about how to use switches to achieve multiple receiver cable runs...

thanks!

If you have a Legacy Quad, why would you want to run it into a switch to get 4 outputs? Theres 4 outputs on the quad....unless you are hooking up a 61.5 (or 148)..then the sw64 would need all 4 from the quad and both off the 61.5 dual

my home is only prewired to input 2 satellite cable runs into the central box...I do not want to drill through the external walls, and I am not crazy about running two more cable runs through my attic to my central box...while this is an option, I took a look in the attic, and it would be quite difficult, and I'm not sure its possible yet, but I'm just guessing....so if its possible to avoid that mess of running cables, and I can just use some multi-switches, why wouldn't that be just as good a solution? I don't know much about the use of switches...

belsokar said:
They convinced me to get the 510 promotion for $99, and have an installer come out and set me up, and they would put in the proper switches...so that is what I did, but I was still a bit skeptical because I seem to be hearing different things about how to use switches to achieve multiple receiver cable runs...

thanks!

Please post back what kind of switch the installer uses here, I would be willing to bet that he puts a DP twin and a DP34 in for you. You can idintify the LNB as a DP because it will have a black logo on the front of the case unlike the lagacy.

I will definitely follow up...am I better off with a DP Twin than a legacy quad? Also, I wasn't sure if they might swap out the lnb because I still have a legacy receiver that would need an adapter...but that would be only 1 of 4 receivers, the rest are all DP ready...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)