How many locals can you get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Dispite tinkering around with a philips amplified one I actually get pretty good reception on an old one I mensioned before.

It's an Archer Color Eagle..think it might have came from radio shack back in the day.

Anyway I'd say I get about 20 statons. By saying that it's pretty much the analog ones plus the multicast ones (those largely being pax, pbs and one weather one)

Some are overlapping affliates since I'm not far from another state so I get 2 of upn, 2 of wb, 2 of cbs, 2 of fox.

My 25+ y. o. Archer (RS) VU-160 is still up and operating as well as it ever did, which except for 2 channels is only fair most of the time. I also have a Blonder-Tongue Suburban III Plus high-gain V/U preamp/amp in the system and it's all on a rotator. With this I can get 2 VHF channels well and 1 more fair, plus a bunch of UHF channels with variable results. They come from many bearings, all NTSC. In the digital world I can currently get only one set of 3 subs. reliably from about 35 miles away (PBS). I once managed to lock several others briefly on both my TV's (40" Bravia) and STB's (811) OTA tuners, so they're in the PGs, but it's very rare that they appear since that one brief period. The fact that they did even once gives me hope, tho', that with some upgrades I should be able to get them again with better (maybe most of the time?) reliability...

RS deep fringe Yagi, RS pre-amp, CM rotor. I get 17 DT's plus their subs.

i have a winguard uhf outdoor antenna, a small vhf antenna mated to it and a rotor, in the kansas city area i receive 1 CBS (except during the ncaa tournament when my station broadcast multiple games3 channels) 1 NBC, 1 ABC, 1 PBS that broadcast 2 channels, 1 PBS that broadcast 4 channels during daylight and 2 at night, 1 independent channel, 1 UPN , And Pax which broadcast 4 different channels, (Pax, I-network, Worship channel, FAith TV)

With a 36 element vhf/uhf yagi, mounted about 30 feet above the horizon, I got 32 channels last time I did a scan (using ATSC tuner in TV.) Most of the locals are at full power, however, and am getting DT stations that I never received analog broadcasts from.

UPDATE - 622 on the way

bhelms said:
My 25+ y. o. Archer (RS) VU-160 is still up and operating as well as it ever did, which except for 2 channels is only fair most of the time...I once managed to lock several others briefly on both my TV's (40" Bravia) and STB's (811) OTA tuners, so they're in the PGs, but it's very rare that they appear since that one brief period. The fact that they did even once gives me hope, tho', that with some upgrades I should be able to get them again with better (maybe most of the time?) reliability...
The wayward OTA digital channels were back last evening, even with the leaves now out on the trees. I watched ABC HD for several hours. The 811 reported signal strengths from 55 to 65 and varying considerably on that and the other ch 23 subs. There were occasional minor pixelations and audio drop-outs, more than I ever see on any other HD channel, but the program was very watchable and the OTA HD looked great! Once again I had proof that these channels are just on the verge of reliable reception if I can make a few more changes, one of which I did today...

Given the recent 622 price drop I decided to order mine today. The 622's reportedly superior OTA tuner vs. the 811 just might be enough to push me over the top...!

BRgds...

I can get all the channels from my city, and all the UHF channels from another big city 1 hour away (50 miles). Other cities come in weather depending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)