How many people are aware of "moving" on satellite services? How many people actually do "move"?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
And this could go for if one has either Dish Network or DirecTV. And as far as I know, "moving" can still be done with DirecTV, it's just a little harder but you could tell DirecTV when you "move" it's a permanent "move" and they won't try to impose a work order. Anyways, I'm curious on how many people, by both actual numbers of people and percentages of satellite customers, know about either type of "moving". One being "moving" when someone drives an RV, as well as "moving" to simply just get different locals. And a follow up question (again both on actual numbers of people and percentages of satellite customers), how many actually do "move"? I've wondered about that.

We are full time RV'ers with a Dish "Outdoor" account. The Dish "MyDish" app on my phone makes moving from DMA to DMA as simple as a few taps on the screen. I can also use the Dish chat or phone service to change my service address as often as needed, including daily. Right now we're in the Tampa, FL DMA, and tomorrow we'll be moving to the Jacksonville, FL DMA. A few taps on the app and we'll be all set. With a little GPS manipulation I can even "move" us to DMA's we aren't physically in yet, although we do need to be within that DMA's spot beam footprint of course unless it's a CONUS feed.

We are full time RV'ers with a Dish "Outdoor" account. The Dish "MyDish" app on my phone makes moving from DMA to DMA as simple as a few taps on the screen. I can also use the Dish chat or phone service to change my service address as often as needed, including daily. Right now we're in the Tampa, FL DMA, and tomorrow we'll be moving to the Jacksonville, FL DMA. A few taps on the app and we'll be all set. With a little GPS manipulation I can even "move" us to DMA's we aren't physically in yet, although we do need to be within that DMA's spot beam footprint of course unless it's a CONUS feed.

Too bad we couldn’t do this back in golden days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts