How many People at Dish Know?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
If Dish is turning on additional HD channels tomorrow how many Dish employees would know?

The janitorial and kitchen staff would have no need to know. It would be nice if the csr's would know; but they would not have to know. If the head of programming knows how many people in his department would know?

Who makes the decision when the finial switch is to be thrown? And how many people know when it will be thrown?

If Dish is turning on additional HD channels tomorrow how many Dish employees would know?

The janitorial and kitchen staff would have no need to know. It would be nice if the csr's would know; but they would not have to know. If the head of programming knows how many people in his department would know?

Who makes the decision when the finial switch is to be thrown? And how many people know when it will be thrown?

You will find out SOON:)

When I asked the question I didn't think Charlie throws the switch and he is the only one who knows when he will do it.

Actually, the janitor is the one who flips the switch to turn on new channels, based on requests from the kitchen staff (most of whom don't watch SciFi). It's the rest of the employees that don't have a clue what's going on.

The janitorial and kitchen staff would have no need to know. ....
Are you kidding? Do you not read the Dillbert cartoons? The janitorial staff are the MOST LIKELY ones to know what will actually happen tommorow.

It's after hours and the waste baskets of upper middle management at Dish are loaded with memos about tomorrow's announcements :)

Talon Dancer

p.s. Where do you think Scott gets his best inside info? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Found this "soon" definition interesting.......

soon
–adverb, -er, -est.
1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after the Uplink report on Wednesday.
2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: More HD from Dish soon.
3. promptly or quickly: Charlie gave us HD as soon as he could.
—Idioms
4. sooner or later, eventually: Sooner or later we might get more HD.
5. would sooner, to prefer to: I would sooner not have to switch to Directv.

The people that would know are Uplink Center Techs, Programing Managers, and Engineers. Calling in you have no access to any of these departments at any level.

Their are ways around this. Certain employees ERT, ATR, and Supervisors have the company IM program. Through the IM someone will know someone in one of those departments.

I have been told by someone in programing that SCIFI HD and USA HD and Chiller SD will be out by Wednessday next week 16th at the absolute latest....It was hinted at that it may happen sooner.

The people that would know are Uplink Center Techs, Programing Managers, and Engineers. Calling in you have no access to any of these departments at any level.

Their are ways around this. Certain employees ERT, ATR, and Supervisors have the company IM program. Through the IM someone will know someone in one of those departments.

I have been told by someone in programing that SCIFI HD and USA HD and Chiller SD will be out by Wednessday next week 16th at the absolute latest....It was hinted at that it may happen sooner.

I am shocked Charlie's janitor speaks in such elegant form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)