How many people have been denied the HD upgrade? Were you given a reason?

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I'm curious to know how many people are being denied the MPEG 4 upgrades. I switched to DISH with the demise of VOOM. Currently have a 5 receiver setup with 1-942 and subscribe to AEP, Local, HD, & Voom. When I try to upgrade I'm denied. No reason, I'm just told their computers won't let them do it.:mad: I've tried both the CSR and Tech Support routes to no avail. I've now sent a certified letter to Charlie asking for his intercession.

In the meantime, is anyone else experiencing this problem and what excuses are you being given?

Is your account black listed? The CSR may not be telling you the whole store, you need to contact the Executive Office (thats where the SR CSR/Trainers work).

They have an phone number, anyone got it to help this guy, its probably just a computer error.

The first CSR told me, and this is an exact quote after putting me on hold for 5 minutes, "We are not currently offering the VOOM package." I replied, "That's interesting, I am watching it right now." To which she replied, "I'm sorry, sir, we don't currently offer the VOOM package."

So I hung up and called back. The second CSR actually knew that Dish offered VOOM but would only say, "The new channels will not be available until April." No other information was given. That's all she knew.

This would be funny if not so pathetic. What a joke!

SKrueger said:
I'm curious to know how many people are being denied the MPEG 4 upgrades. I switched to DISH with the demise of VOOM. Currently have a 5 receiver setup with 1-942 and subscribe to AEP, Local, HD, & Voom. When I try to upgrade I'm denied. No reason, I'm just told their computers won't let them do it.:mad: I've tried both the CSR and Tech Support routes to no avail. I've now sent a certified letter to Charlie asking for his intercession.

In the meantime, is anyone else experiencing this problem and what excuses are you being given?

I just called (less than 20 minutes ago) ... my story is that I just subscribed to Dish in November and bought a 942. I was told that there would be a $200 upgrade credit for people like me (upgrade my 942 to a 622 for $99).

I was also told that the upgrade would be available on-line in March.

I'm in a similar situation -

posted a new thread a little while ago titled "Desperately need help...."
so far no responses after 50 views.

If you read that thread you will see that getting to Executive resolution has not been much help. Very frustrating having multiple phone calls to the person I spoke with not returned over a period of a week. I suppose the best situation would be that she is on vacation, but somehow I doubt it.

Not sure what I do next, but I do know that I want an mpeg4 HD dvr sometime in the next few months.

Terry

Called and asked to speak with the Executive Resolution team and was refused but after about 20 minutes on hold waiting for a supervisor they came back with a deal that just requires jumping through hoops.

I've got 3 receivers on my account a 942, a 322, and whatever the single set box is. Here's what they are requiring in order to upgrade. I have to deactivate the 322 and they will send me a box to ship it back in. After they have received the 322 back, I can then call and request the upgrade and 622vip for $299 installed. I then get to keep the 942. Gets me the upgrade, but seems like a lot of work to achieve the result I wanted.

Never mind , I missed a post in there,.

Jordan

SKrueger said:

Are you just trying to upgrade you programing? Or receivers & programing?

Maybe I'm just not reading it right.

Jordan

Last edited:
Those requirements must be due to whatever you agreed to in terms of commitments when you sub'ed. The requirement that you send back the 322 in order to be eligible to lease a 622 is interesting. That implies that you may still have an original outstanding commitment on the 322.

Tom Bombadil said:
Those requirements must be due to whatever you agreed to in terms of commitments when you sub'ed. The requirement that you send back the 322 in order to be eligible to lease a 622 is interesting. That implies that you may still have an original outstanding commitment on the 322.

I don't know it gets stranger and stranger. I called back tonight to give them the 322's ID number as requested. Now here's what happened. They turned off the 301 as they said their system wouldn't let them setup the swap with more than 4 receivers on the account. After I return the 322 and they install the 622, then they can turn the 301 back on. Currently I have a Dish 500 and a 61.5 for Voom. They have to replace that with a Dish 1000 so I'll get Voom and HD off 129 and they are repointing the 61.5 to 148 for my HD locals in Los Angeles. Unfortunately to schedule the setup for the Dish 1000 they had to turn off my current Voom service.

Install is scheduled for March 2nd. Between now and 3/2 I've lost my Voom service on my HD set plus regular service and two additionals sets.

Not a very good way to please customers, but at least it is finally in process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts