How many receivers will a Dish 1000 handle

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
I have a neighbor wanting to add a single tuner receiver to his setup. He has a 1000 with two dual tuner DVR's running now, both have seperators on them. Can I get anoth single tuner in the mix or will I have to add a DP44 ?

You can use a DP twin and a DP dual or three DP duals and connect that into a DP-34 switch which is MUCH cheaper than getting a DPP-44 switch and get four outputs on the switch which is cascadable to three total switches.

You can use a DP twin and a DP dual or three DP duals and connect that into a DP-34 switch which is MUCH cheaper than getting a DPP-44 switch and get four outputs on the switch which is cascadable to three total switches.

He'll need two DP34s to feed 5 tuners. (2 dual tuners and a single tuner). I think the cheapest way is what Claude recommended, a D1000.2 can feed 3 DPP receivers. Duh, I have one and didn't think of it.

Last edited:
Randall,

Are you doing some experimental work using the 1000.2 DPP Triple LNB hooked up to your DPP44+DP34 setup, or are you using the 1000.2 W Bracket with duals?

Oh no, no experiments that's what I'm using right now. 1000.2 DPP Triple LNB to DPP44 to DP34 to feed 5 receivers. I was gonna try the W bracket to put back my DP Twin and DP Dual but figure it will give me the same results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)