How many recievers on one dish

fordexpr03

Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Right now i have a 322 I'm going to be moving to my parents who have 2 311 recievers, i talked to the dish mover people and they said i cannot have 2 different services at 1 address, and if i did both would be disconnected for illegal use.....:confused:. anyways my question is how many receivers can be on one dish, is it possible to have 1 322 and 1 311? All in all im trying to avoid the 180 cancellation fee and 100 moving fee they are trying to tag me with.

Thanks

ah dish has their head up their you know what. You can have 2 accounts at one address. Its when you have 4 receivers at 3 different locations on the same account that there is issues

It depends on what dish and LNB type they have.
If its a Dish 1000.2 (110/119/129) then you're OK
If its a Dish500 (110/119) with a quad LNB youre OK
If its a Dish500 with only a Twin then you dont have enough spots

with 2 311's and a 322 you need 4 cables unless its the Dish1000.2 then you can use the separator on the 322

What I would do is move the receiver and call Dish to change the address and tell them there is already a dish there and its working

Sort of what i thought, they actually told me I could not have 2 dishes at one address which really threw me off but again i was not surprised.
right now i have the dish network 500 dish outside with just the 322 receiver. Is it possible to have 2 dishes at one place I don't really understand how they make up these rules. Is that a dish i could swap out for whatever is at the new place do you think?

If you want two dishes on the roof at the folks house, by all means do it

You can have 2 dishes there or one dish with 2 separate accounts. Folks have done that before. I did that with my neighbor recently. He had a bad cable that needed to be replaced but its buried and we had 3 feet of snow on the ground. My Directv dish (he has Directv too) was about 20 feet away so I ran a cable from my dish over to where the gound block was and it worked fine until I could change the cable for him.

The generic answer is "12", since you can cascade 3 DPP44's off one dish. Probably this would require either 2 accounts at the same address (6 receivers each) or a commercial account, or Dish will get suspicious.

I think there was a communication problem in speaking with Dish about what you want, etc.

It sounds to me like Dish didn't want to have to "Move" you since your parents already have a working system. In other words, Dish isn't going to pay to put up a 2nd Dish/system as part of Dish Mover when the address already has a working Dish Network system. That's most likely what they meant when they told you they don't "allow" a 2nd Dish; then meant they don't want to pay for it.

If you were thinking of cancelling your account (then you will have to pay the $180 cancellation fee) and just adding your 322 to your parent's account: Dish will only do that if you OWN the 322. They will not add one of their leased boxes to your parent's account. Perhaps that is why they said they would cut service to both accounts, as per your original post. If you want to add a box that you will use on your parent's account, you need to buy your own box at retail; that will be your OWNED box and Dish will gladly add that to your parent's account. Oh, and that situation does not count as a FREE Dish Mover, so yeah they will want to charge you for connecting your to your parent's system, which you might have referred to as the "Moving Fee".

If you want to keep your own, current, separate account (and, presumably, not have to pay the $180 cancellation fee), then the question you must ask is the following: "What must be done so that I can receive the same services I receive today when I move to my parents who have also have Dish Network, and is that covered in the Dish Mover?"

I would hope that since you are keeping your account, Dish is willing to connect your box to your parent's system. This may require some cost to Dish in the form of changed-out LNBF's, external switch, additional dish, or even a new system IF you need access to sats your parent's don't currently see. Then again, maybe Dish is afraid to get you connected at their expense only to have you drop your account, then add an owed box to your parent's account. However, they may want to charge you for that.

Final details: Maximum of 6 (SIX) receivers per residential account. If all 6 are dual tuners, that give you 12 tuner to work with. Only up to 4 (FOUR) of those tuners can be leased, for example only 2 (two) dual tuner boxes can be leased resulting in 4 (four) tuners.

It would be great to hear of some experiences or get clarifications regarding the FREE Dish Mover program when one is MOVING to an address that already has an open Dish Network account and functioning Dish Network system even if one wishes to keep their current separate account and NOT merge account.

Let us know how this turns out. I will be interesting to see how Dish does this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts