How many remotes can be paired with a Dish Wally?

Kentrda

Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
Grand Lake, CO
I have TV's in 3 rooms in my home. But, I am the only one here, so there is no need to have three satellite receivers. I presently have the three TV's on an HDMI splitter, so that I can watch the same programming from my present VIP722 receiver. I have a 722 receiver, so I can use RF remotes (in my 3 different rooms). The only problem is that the 722 receiver is a dual-receiver, and I must pay the additional monthly charge for the DVR which I don't use.

To remedy the problem (of paying for a DVR I don't use), but still retaining the use of a RF remote, I am considering using a Wally Receiver. (I can obtain one without a DVR/hard drive, but with a RF remote). But, my question is this:
I see that a remote must be paired with the Wally receiver. Can you tell me 'how many remotes' could be paired with a Wally Receiver? If possible, I would like to have 3 remotes paired with the receiver.
Thank you in advance! :) Kent

I have TV's in 3 rooms in my home. But, I am the only one here, so there is no need to have three satellite receivers. I presently have the three TV's on an HDMI splitter, so that I can watch the same programming from my present VIP722 receiver. I have a 722 receiver, so I can use RF remotes (in my 3 different rooms). The only problem is that the 722 receiver is a dual-receiver, and I must pay the additional monthly charge for the DVR which I don't use.

To remedy the problem (of paying for a DVR I don't use), but still retaining the use of a RF remote, I am considering using a Wally Receiver. (I can obtain one without a DVR/hard drive, but with a RF remote). But, my question is this:
I see that a remote must be paired with the Wally receiver. Can you tell me 'how many remotes' could be paired with a Wally Receiver? If possible, I would like to have 3 remotes paired with the receiver.
Thank you in advance! :) Kent

I have the same setup, 3 TVs with 3 different remotes paired to the Wally...so the answer is at least 3!

Reactions: pattykay
I think the limit is eight, although I have never actually hit that limit. I may have had five or six remotes all paired to my Wally at the same time, for precisely the reason you are considering. Here is another tip for anyone who may need more than the limit of eight: by setting the Wally Remote Settings for Infrared Reception On, you can use an older infrared Dish remote (set to Remote Address 1) in the same room as the Wally, with no need to "pair" that remote. So, one infrared remote plus eight UHF (40.0 or higher model) remotes, for a possible total of nine rooms covered. :)

I think the limit is eight, although I have never actually hit that limit. I may have had five or six remotes all paired to my Wally at the same time, for precisely the reason you are considering. Here is another tip for anyone who may need more than the limit of eight: by setting the Wally Remote Settings for Infrared Reception On, you can use an older infrared Dish remote (set to Remote Address 1) in the same room as the Wally, with no need to "pair" that remote. So, one infrared remote plus eight UHF (40.0 or higher model) remotes, for a possible total of nine rooms covered. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)