How many satellites do I have?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

astral

Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Central Maine
I have dish 500, package 250,vip211k receiver.When I check system info I get satellite 72-61.5 satellite 77 is red box with x, but when I go to check switch I get 77-72-61.5. Do I have three satellites or just two?

Sure it's a Dish 500 satellite? Does it have two or three LNB's? Was this installed by an installer? Set-up doesn't sound like it. But good news, you don't/won't get any channels on the 77 satellite as your local channels are not on there, unless you get specific Spanish programming, so no worries.

You don't have any satellites. They are tens of thousands of miles away.

You're looking at two orbital slots (a total of four satellites; 3 at 61.5W and 1 at 72.7W).

I'm guessing you haven't actually performed a Check Switch since you moved to the Dish 500 and that's why it thinks it still has the third slot.

Go look at your dish and see what it says on it. Also you just did the check switch before your first post or not?

If they are green, you have them. If you have your locals, you have all you need. On most receivers, you can check what sat your locals are on by pressing the info screen button twice while viewing one of them, the sat location will show to the left, just above the information section .

You don't even have to look at the dish--all you have to do is go to the Installation Summary page (MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 - CHECK SWITCH) and in the switch field it will state 1k.4, 500, 1k.2, etc.

You don't even have to look at the dish--all you have to do is go to the Installation Summary page (MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 - CHECK SWITCH) and in the switch field it will state 1k.4, 500, 1k.2, etc.
In the switch field on my receivers it tells what kind of switch you're connected to, not the dish. In my case it says "DPP Twin w/Separator". I have two dishes so maybe it isn't willing to make assumptions.

Well in most standard setups it will tell you. It is DPP Twin w/Separator, which indicates Dish 500. It won't indicate what the wing dish is, nor will it indicate what dish you have if you use DPP44, SW21, etc. . 1000.2, 1000.4 will say 1k.2, 1k.4 respectively.

If they are green, you have them. If you have your locals, you have all you need. On most receivers, you can check what sat your locals are on by pressing the info screen button twice while viewing one of them, the sat location will show to the left, just above the information section .
Amazing. This works with all channels on my 722. If I ever knew this, I forgot it long ago.

I do drink you know.;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts