How Many Tuners

mckinney_man

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
I am wondering how many tuners I can have on my account. If I go out and personally purchase 3 722s and put them all in Single TV mode, will that fly? When I got the 722 I have today it seemed to cause a problem that I wanted it to run in Single mode because I already have 3 other receivers with one tuner each, meaning I have 5 total tuners on my account. Does it make a difference if they are leased versus personally owned? Just trying to find out because I would like to run at least three dual tuner DVRs in single mode if possible. Thanks for any help.

you can have up to six receivers on a account, 722 has two tuners but only counts as one receiver. In fact the 722 has three tuners 2 for dish and one for OTA. Not sure how you have them connected you need a home run for each tuner to the dish or older switch. You can use a DPP44 Switch with a separator that will feed both tuners on any of the VIP dual tuner boxes. Hope this help PM me if you have more questions.:)

I am wondering how many tuners I can have on my account. If I go out and personally purchase 3 722s and put them all in Single TV mode, will that fly? When I got the 722 I have today it seemed to cause a problem that I wanted it to run in Single mode because I already have 3 other receivers with one tuner each, meaning I have 5 total tuners on my account. Does it make a difference if they are leased versus personally owned? Just trying to find out because I would like to run at least three dual tuner DVRs in single mode if possible. Thanks for any help.
You can OWN three receivers or more. You can only LEASE four tuners, i.e. two 722s.

An account can have up to 6 receivers, going over that requires special permission for an exception. There are several very long threads here from people well under that limit detailing their experience with the Receiver Audit Team Squad. Of those 6 receivers, only 4 tuners can be leased though I suppose, with the oddity of the 612 counting as 1, we should change that to 4 "rooms" can be leased.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have lurked around here for a year or so and haven't really had anything to ask. I really like my 722 and would really like to give my wife and sons the ability to watch and record multiple shows so rather than lease I think I am just going to bite the bullet and buy a couple of dual tuner receivers for them. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have a hard time if I did that. Thanks again everyone.

An account can have up to 6 receivers, going over that requires special permission for an exception. There are several very long threads here from people well under that limit detailing their experience with the Receiver Audit Team Squad. Of those 6 receivers, only 4 tuners can be leased though I suppose, with the oddity of the 612 counting as 1, we should change that to 4 "rooms" can be leased.

They mentioned changing the policy. And they can be flexible. I recently got approval for a third leased ViP622.

I believe it is still officially a maximum of 6 boxes per household account. They don't care what you have beyond any leased tuners. Exceptions have been made for more than 6 boxes. However, if you want the maximum, auditing could demand that all your boxes be connected to a phone line or internet connection. I imagine there may be exceptions to this demand, but that is how auditing put it to me when I reached my maximum. So, in theory, a maximum of 6 boxes, all dual tuner equals 12 satellite tuners, not counting OTA tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)