How many TV's does Dish support?

When I inquired about it I was told about residential, I would expect that for outdoors it to be different or they just don't care about the rules since all receivers are purchased anyway (and with the rule to not have anything besides Wally/211's on a outdoor account never being enforced I wouldn't be surprised if its the latter anyhow)

Wasn't it that even 2 receivers without a phone line would bring you unwanted attention? Nowadays I don't think they care, as long as you aren't trying to open a hotel or something
They still care, even Hopper and Joeys are being audit

Why would they audit a Hopper and whatever Joeys are attached to it?

We haven't heard any reports of the audit nazis in a long time.
Maybe because you can used them in apartments, they audit more than two Hopper accounts i know of, not because it wasn't reported dosen't meant it never happen

Maybe because you can used them in apartments, they audit more than two Hopper accounts i know of, not because it wasn't reported dosen't meant it never happen
I'm sure they got rid of the audit team some time ago...They even state this quote in my billing
"For your protection, DISH Network will never call or email you asking for your personal or DISH account related information. This includes your account number, receiver number, social security number, credit card information and PIN. Please do not give out this information."
So I don't know how they are going to ask me for location ID or anything about the receivers..

I'm sure they got rid of the audit team some time ago...They even state this quote in my billing
"For your protection, DISH Network will never call or email you asking for your personal or DISH account related information. This includes your account number, receiver number, social security number, credit card information and PIN. Please do not give out this information."
So I don't know how they are going to ask me for location ID or anything about the receivers..
That has nothing to do with auditing, you have to call them after they shut down, all your receivers and leave only one, what you just posted is scam related

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was audited twice in the late 2000's when I had 6 receivers and they called me both times!!! They had me go to each receiver and read them the current location ID's for each receiver..If you couldn't provide the ID They shutdown that receiver until you could provide all of them at the time you are on the phone with them..Both times one of my receivers was in my camper not hooked up to the satellite so they shutoff that receiver..I had to hook up to the portable dish and call them back and provide the ID numbers again for each receiver while on the phone with them..The audit team is done

I was audited twice in the late 2000's when I had 6 receivers and they called me both times!!! They had me go to each receiver and read them the current location ID's for each receiver..If you couldn't provide the ID They shutdown that receiver until you could provide all of them at the time you are on the phone with them..Both times one of my receivers was in my camper not hooked up to the satellite so they shutoff that receiver..I had to hook up to the portable dish and call them back and provide the ID numbers again for each receiver while on the phone with them..The audit team is done
Believe what you want, they still exist, not everything is posted here on this site, my final comment

Another solution to consider for the original question is using a combination of multiple dish receivers and splitters for sending the same HDMI stream to multiple TVs.

This solution involves asking the question: how many simultaneous and unique viewing streams do I need to plan for? It requires the ability and access to do some creative wiring, but it can save you a bunch on equipment fees.

Example: in my house we have 8 TVs, but it's just my wife and I. So we'd never have more than two different programs airing anywhere in the house at the same time.

We get by with a Hopper3 and a Joey.

The Hopper 3 sends content to one TV via the component out; the HDMI signal is split three ways.

The Joey has it's HDMI out split three ways, and the fourth signal is supplied by the composite video (that goes to the guest room TV so they just have to deal with standard def!)

True, if we have a guest, that's a 3rd possible simultaneous different programming stream, but I've planned for that; generally the guest is only watching in late or early in bed from the Joey feed, while we'd be watching from our room via the Hopper feed.

Both receivers can be tuned without being in the room where you're watching the TV (in fact, the Joey is in the attic). I use splitters that also boost the signal, along with RedMere active HDMI cables and never had a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)