How much advance notice to move?

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
I have a quick question...how far in advance does dish need to have before i move to get service to me the day im in there? I'm moving the weekend of oct 28th and i want it in there on saturday.

also, if im doing a move, can i upgrade to a 622? or do i have to do it at a different time?

Call Dish for all your questions as they will be able to help you with the upgrade and the move /new sat dish etc.
1-800-333-DISH

MikeD-C05 said:
Call Dish for all your questions as they will be able to help you with the upgrade and the move /new sat dish etc.
1-800-333-DISH

:rolleyes:

I'm sure he already knew that calling Dish will get him his answer. But I think he'll agree that asking people that have been through the process before offer a better idea of what he should do. Yea, Dish may tell him "Give us XX amount of days notice" when in reality they need more because some have experienced problems in the past.

Also, nobody likes sitting on hold waiting for a CSR.

So I guess the point of my rant is why answer a question with "Contact Dish"? Thats not helpful at all.

I would call as soon as you know the date your moving usally you can get an install date as soon as 3 days in advance but depending on the type of install and how many receviers it may be up to a week.

Yes, and it also depends upon how busy the local installers are.

I did a DishMove just after upgrading to a ViP622, but I believe you can do them both at the same time, if the timing for delivering the equipment works out right.

I have done Dish Movers same day as called sometimes. It depends on how busy I am.. But then I don't get my work from Dish. Customer just calls me direct and I go and do it. You don't have to go through Dish for the Dish Mover.. A local Retailer can give you exactly the same deal.

RedWings said:
:rolleyes:

I'm sure he already knew that calling Dish will get him his answer. But I think he'll agree that asking people that have been through the process before offer a better idea of what he should do. Yea, Dish may tell him "Give us XX amount of days notice" when in reality they need more because some have experienced problems in the past.

Also, nobody likes sitting on hold waiting for a CSR.

So I guess the point of my rant is why answer a question with "Contact Dish"? Thats not helpful at all.

Who asked you Red wings? I am getting a little tired of all these judgemental statements made when someone else suggest something here to help someone. If you have something better to suggest then do so ,but you don't need to down someone else 's post to make you look better. IT IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!:mad:

You will now be added to my ignore list . :hatsoff:

Last edited:
MikeD-C05 said:
Who asked you Red wings? I am getting a little tired of all these judgemental statements made when someone else suggest something here to help someone. If you have something better to suggest then do so ,but you don't need to down someone else 's post to make you look better. IT IS NOT HELPFULL AT ALL!:mad:

You will now be added to my ignore list . :hatsoff:
On top of that DISH is the one who will schedule his upgrade and nobody but DISH can answer that quiestion.:)

wow...thanks...ill call em later this week and get it sceduled...the fee for the 622, is it added on ur bill? or must u pay it up front?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)