How much did your wedding cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$200 for chapel and minister, $75 for a dress on sale at the DEB Shop, $25 for license and gas, and $300 to feed a dozen people at Macaroni Grill. The roles of usher, setup, music and best man were all played by me. Roughly $600 bucks and everyone agreed it was a very enjoyable, and relaxing, time.

We bought 20K worth of Nortel stock at 47 cents per share with the money we didn't spend on a big wedding, which we later sold 2-years later from $4.00-$6.00 per share.

I would highly recommend keeping it small and only involving extremely close friends and family.

I can't picture you in a dress:eek:

First time $10K, 250 people, covered polka band, Polish food fit for a king, and drinks, and the hall. Local judge (friend of the family) did the ceremony at the hall in front of all the guests. My parents payed the bill.

Second time around, got married by the son of the first judge at city hall, rented out a local bar, the owner did the Polish cooking, hired a DJ, and ran a tab for about 75 people. We partied at the bar till 3:30 AM (yes afterhours), and then walked down the street to our house with the remaining 20 guests and partied till 4PM the next afternoon, when the food and energy ran out. Total cost $1500. Second party was much better.

I don't think I have ever gone to a wedding that hasn't had a polka or two and hasn't had the chicken dance. You have to love polish cooking I am making some halushki (spelling) Tomorrow and had piggies last night.

Halušky is a traditional dumpling meal in Eastern European countries, such as Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Ukraine.

Although recipes vary from region to region, in general potatoes are finely grated and mixed with flour, salt and optionally a small amount of egg to form a batter. The batter is passed through a special perforated halušky strainer into boiling water forming small (1/2 X 2-3 cm) dumplings. These are then mixed with regionally varying ingredients, but usually includes chopped cabbage, onions and butter.

Traditionally, no special instrument was used to form halušky. Instead, dough was placed in a thin layer on a wooden cutting board and cut off in even pieces (using a knife) and cast directly into boiling water.

-Don't you just love the answers.com add-on option in Firefox?

Halušky is a traditional dumpling meal in Eastern European countries, such as Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Ukraine.

Although recipes vary from region to region, in general potatoes are finely grated and mixed with flour, salt and optionally a small amount of egg to form a batter. The batter is passed through a special perforated halušky strainer into boiling water forming small (1/2 X 2-3 cm) dumplings. These are then mixed with regionally varying ingredients, but usually includes chopped cabbage, onions and butter.

Traditionally, no special instrument was used to form halušky. Instead, dough was placed in a thin layer on a wooden cutting board and cut off in even pieces (using a knife) and cast directly into boiling water.

-Don't you just love the answers.com add-on option in Firefox?

Well around here Haluski is onions and cabbage fried up in butter then mixed in with egg noodles. Piggies are also called stuffed cabbage.

As oddly similar yet different I wonder if Haluski & Halušky are actually two separate items based on a very old original idea. I easily see both names explained exactly as above.

Sounds like the old recipe was "Americanized" by "cheating" -er, uh, "simplifying."

$200 for chapel and minister, $75 for a dress on sale at the DEB Shop, $25 for license and gas, and $300 to feed a dozen people at Macaroni Grill. The roles of usher, setup, music and best man were all played by me. Roughly $600 bucks and everyone agreed it was a very enjoyable, and relaxing, time.

We bought 20K worth of Nortel stock at 47 cents per share with the money we didn't spend on a big wedding, which we later sold 2-years later from $4.00-$6.00 per share.

I would highly recommend keeping it small and only involving extremely close friends and family.

I wish more people were this sensible. If not stock at least save the money for a down payment on a house.

This is my second marraige...both weddings were completely different, but cost roughly the same...about 15K.

$15k (not including the bar bill)
Ceremony: Local Catholic Church
Guests: 180
Reception: Firestone Country Club in Akron, Oh.
Food: Sit-down dinner including your choice of Chicken Marsala or Prime Rib.
Bar: Unlimited (Us Irish sure like to party ;))

The wife and I are lucky, in that we only ended up paying for the invitations, flowers, dress and rings. The parents took care of the rest.

Are you stereotyping the Irish?:D

I have a few Irish friends. I could keep up with them in my "salad days", but now in my old age, I don't even try.

Well around here Haluski is onions and cabbage fried up in butter then mixed in with egg noodles. Piggies are also called stuffed cabbage.

I fry onions, and mix with cottage cheese and egg noodles. Don't know what it's called, nor remember who showed me this the first time, but it sure is good. Stuffed cabbage; you just gave me an idea for dinner today.:D

Location - Den of In-Laws' home $0.00
Pastor - Bishop of our church $0.00 (actually he gave us $20 as a gift)
Dress - out of closet $0.00
Suit - no thanks $0.00
Food, decorations, & entertainment - brought by family/friends $0.00
Honeymoon - bedroom upstairs $0.00

Worth every penny ;)

Around 170 people

With Reception, Bar (we had to provide alcohol), pictures, cake and such....

It was in the $15,000 range

Year 2000, I got married in the same courthouse that my Mom and Dad got married in in 1957. Obviously not the same judge....LOL...said he couldn't take anything for marrying us, so all that cost us is the license. Wife got her dress from a local dress shop, think she paid 200 or so for it, I got married in slacks and a button down shirt.

One week later, my parents footed the bill for us (my wife's parents are deceased) a Cajun Style reception at my Mom and Dad's house, boiled crawfish, boiled crabs, two kegs of beer, he told me they spent about 3k total, for everything, for about 100 folks. :cool:

I still have people today walk up to me and tell me it was the coolest reception they ever went to. Which was our intention, to have FUN, not be all stuffy with dinners and ties and stuff.:)

$100 for the pastor,

Gazeebo surrounded by ponds ringed by weeping willows and ducks was free as it was a public park behind the township offices.

Dinner at a local nice resturaunt in its wedding room for 20+ family and a cousins weird boyfriend along with the cake and wine was covered by my uncles for their families plus our dinners.

My out of pocket besides the minister was the wifes hair and some accessories for the dress and a pair of shoes plus a new shirt and slacks along with a tie so it came to $400 all together for me and an estimated $1,500 all together wich isnt bad at all.

If your going to go the route of a local park with ponds and ducks / geese / swans be sure to have someone go there a few hours before hand with leaf rakes and brooms and cleaning supplies to get rid of the land mines the water foul leave. You can talk to the public works about this and to ask them to make sure the shore line is clean but its a hit or miss if they get it done in time.

Invitations: $300.00
Bridesmaid: $500.00
Best Man/Groomsmen: $300
Pastor's Fee: $ 25.00
Church: Free
Reception: $1500
Limo: $500
Hotel: $250 (1 night).
Airfare: $ 350 each.
1 week in the Virgin Islands: $6,000.
21 years with spouse: Priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts