How much did your wedding cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had a pretty small wedding, with a pretty small reception. $30 for the license, $35 for the rent for the reception, the pastor didn't want any money (refused), we made our own cake (Nothing super fancy, but supplies cost probably $30-40. That's about it. She had a VERY nice dress, and I had suit pants, and dress shirt.

That was over 3 years ago when we had no money. Now 2 kids, 1 new house, and 2 good jobs later, we're wishing it was bigger, but you can't turn back time. We're talking about for our 5 year anniversary, or even 10 year anniversary (sometime when we have more free money probably the 10 year) renewing our vows and having the "dream" wedding we wish we could have had in hindsight.

Either way, she is the most wonderful woman I have ever met, and I'm just happy to call her my wife.

In 1980 we paid about $2000. Her parents were flat broke and mine were poor, so it was all on us. Most of the cost was for the reception for about 50 people. It was in a very plain hall and the food was not at all fancy. We spent $400 on the honeymoon, which was three nights at the Death Valley Inn. I know the name sounds weird, but anybody who has been there knows what a beautiful place Death Valley is and how nice the Inn is. And the wedding was a success! We are still happy after 28 years.

Four years ago my oldest daughter was married. The entire bill for us was $17,000. That did not include a very fancy rehearsal dinner and the open bar at the reception, both of which were paid by the groom's parents. But since we had 180 guests we got off cheaply enough.

Pray for me---I have two more daughters! My second-oldest is the shy, retiring type. She insists she could never go through a big wedding like her sister's. I hope she is telling the truth, because our youngest would happily let us pay 1 million dollars if we had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)