How Much for Movie Rental?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
How much does it cost to rent a movie where you live? My local store (locally owned) charges at the most $1.99 per movie (new release) and most are for a week but some are for only 2 days. Also, this store lets you buy gift certificates for your account for $20 where they give you $30 worth of rentals and $30 or $35 for $50 worth of rentals and so on. The reason I ask is because I have a relative that lives in N.C. that says that movies cost $3-4 there and I can't believe it. They have a Netflix account. DBS charges $3.99 which is outragous IMO. At least in these parts.

Movies

Where do you live? The cheapest by me is $2.99 at the local liquor store. If someone really wants to get bent over, Blockbuster is $3.99 for a new release.

The best deals here are from Blockbuster and Hollywood Video where you can buy a monthly membership that ranges from $15 per month to $25 per month. This allows you to take out 2 -3 movies at a time as many as you can watch for the month. The a la carte price averages $3.79 plus tax which puts you at about $4 each. So if you average more than 6 movie rentals per month it pays to do the membership thing. One month I rented $180 worth and usually average $120 worth of rentals per month so it pays to be a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts