How much FTA equipment can I get..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kymics

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
for the equivilant price that these fools are spending on this equipment.

Honestly, I think these people need a new hobby, like FTA. They could get a lot of nice equipment for those prices. ;)

Attachments

• PS3sales.jpg
    PS3sales.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 303
wonder how many of those are bogus entries? :D

Just before I started tracking these bids for curiousity, there was one there that went up to $99,999,000.00. Obviously that was a bogus bid, but I wonder if there's any reprocussions for playing around like that on Ebay.

There could be some reprecussions if they don't retract the bid, but if they retract before the end of the auction there shouldn't be any harm done as they won't be held liable.... won't win the auction, but if they drive it up super high til minutes before the end of auction they can drive lots of folks away.

There could be some reprecussions if they don't retract the bid, but if they retract before the end of the auction there shouldn't be any harm done as they won't be held liable.... won't win the auction, but if they drive it up super high til minutes before the end of auction they can drive lots of folks away.
There are explicit rules governing bid retraction on E-Bay, and if they are using legitimate accounts to do that bidding, those accounts could be in danger of punitive action...

Wow, people want the PS3 that bad?

I guess. I saw people outside our local Best Buy on Tuesday when I went to pick up some stuff. It went on sale Friday

People got shot, robbed, and knocked unconsious just for this stupid (IMO) setup

$600 for the system? I can make one heckuva order with Sadoun for that amount :D

yep ya cant retract a bid 8 hours prior to teh end of the auction and what not.

What I would hate is to get the bill for the Final Value Fee's :>

I guess. I saw people outside our local Best Buy on Tuesday when I went to pick up some stuff. It went on sale Friday

People got shot, robbed, and knocked unconsious just for this stupid (IMO) setup

$600 for the system? I can make one heckuva order with Sadoun for that amount :D

There was an article in our local paper about how many of the people are buying the system in order to flip it on ebay for a profit. Most said they would get at least a grand off of it (a grand in profit). To be honest thats not too bad for a few hours of waiting in line :D

I am just not interested enough in gaming though to spend $600 on a gaming system. (up until a month or so ago I was still playing games on our N64, I have since upgraded to a Xbox (mainly for XBMC).

When I was into gaming I didnt have $600 to spend on a game machine.

On top of that, there's the eternal format question:

Will the winner be BluRay or HD-DVD?

Someone's going to end up with an expensive Betamax :rolleyes:

I am just not interested enough in gaming though to spend $600 on a gaming system. (up until a month or so ago I was still playing games on our N64, I have since upgraded to a Xbox (mainly for XBMC).

Playstation (the original) and the original NES here. Love Mike Tyson's Punch Out! :D

Good point. It is still undecided, I guess. The numbers will tell. Any statistics out there yet?

Maybe neither will win. Maybe people will get fed up with the eternally changing formats (i.e. bought Star Wars trilogy on VHS, then later bought Star Wars series on DVD, only to find that new formats will be better than ever as we kick ourselves for blowing the wad already). Maybe it's just a conspiracy to get people to spend more money.

:cool: "Move along, nothing to see here" :cool:

I wouldn't be suprised if both formats stick around and players will become 3-in-1 (DVD, HD-DVD, BluRay).

There was an article in our local paper about how many of the people are buying the system in order to flip it on ebay for a profit. Most said they would get at least a grand off of it (a grand in profit). To be honest thats not too bad for a few hours of waiting in line :D

When I was into gaming I didnt have $600 to spend on a game machine.

XBMC totally completes the XBox. The 3 Xbox's scattered on my network will stay for quite some time for just due to XBMC. Heck...one was picked up with a dead HD, dead DVD for free. It's got a 40gb now and hasn't seen a game played on it yet ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts