How should I go about this (Moving service address)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Ok, I am sure you guys can help me out here, I think I know what I need to do, but would like some other options.

Before leaving for training in September, I dropped my service down to that unadvertised package for 15.00 a month with locals. Got rid of my dish protection and everything (I do pay an HD enabling fee and DVR fee I believe, making my bill about 27.00 a month.)

I have now moved to Laredo TX. My dish network system is still in Illinois. I would like to get my HD back when I move the system down here in Mid-June.

My question is, should I bump my package up now and apply the DHPP back on my account, so when I call and tell them I have moved my service address, I can use Dish Mover and they put up the right dish right off the bat at my new residence? Do I need DHPP for DishMover to be free? Anything I am forgetting about? Thanks for your help!

No, you do not need DHPP and you do not have to recommit to a new contract to get DishMover free. We recently moved. Called dish after the move was complete. CSR recommended not to change service level and ride out remaining 6 months, because we will be eligible to extend the same contract then. Technicians arrived the next day to install antennaes and wiring.

You can still get a free dishmover without having DHPP but they usually want to extend your commitment. I'd add back DHPP, do the move, and then drop DHPP again. No need to bump up the package until you're ready to move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)