How stable is the 721 software ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Everyone doing ok with the L323 for the 721 I am about to put mine back in the stream.

Mine seems fine, but I mostly use the ViP622. I've had good luck with avoiding most 721 bugs over the years, but I'm on my 6th 721 due to HD & power supply failures.

I hate to even think about it, but its not as buggy as the 522 right now. It was bugging out real bad but I have not seen the 721 do that for a little while now.

Dish 721 is pretty good right now. If they gave it NBR I would dump the rest of my boxes.

I'm not sure what software I have but I like my 721 and it seems to work fine. After the Dish 1000 install I had problems with it loosing all the channels on the 119 satellite even though it got signal but a reboot fixxed it and I haven't seen it again since. Thats the only problem I've really had with it.

I doubt they will want to give us NBR on the 501/508/510/721 due to the fact that they are not getting the $5.99 monthly DVR fees on those receivers so they have no incentive on adding that function on those. They will want people to migrate to the 522/625/622 receivers so that they will want to pay that $5.99 DVR fee to get the NBR function as well. I think it really helps with the recordings particularly when you have certain actors that you like. To some it may be worth it. The $5.99 fee almost cancels out the $5 additional outlet fee that is waived if the phone line is plugged in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)