How to a satellite to Samsung DSR3800

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chankour

May 2, 2005
Hi all,

I bought a Samsung DSR3800 (along with a Ku band LNB and dish) to try my hands at FTA. The satellite I wanted to receive (Intelsat Americas 5 -- 97.W) is not listed in the satellite list. I tried the manual, searching on Samsung's site then googling, but cannot find any instructions on how to add a new satellite.

Is there a way to do that?

I currently have a dishnetwork antenna pointed at Echostar 3 (61.5W) and figured I could add it as well, and make sure the Samsung receiver works, by trying it with Echostar first (also on Ku band according to Lyngsat).

Any help would be appreciated very much.

Thanks,

Chafik

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Hello and welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum! :welcome

I don't have that receiver, but remember there is not that much on the Dishnetwork 61.5 satellite that is FTA. (We do not condone signal theft here, and HACKTALK is BANNED)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=24046

For the dishnetwork satellites you will need to use a DBS (Dish/DirecTV) LNB and you would have to change the antenna's L.O. setting to 11250
Hope someone can help you further : )

chankour

May 2, 2005
How to add...

Just to clarify one thing in regards to the above reply. I already have a paid subscription on the dishnetwork Echostar 3, The dishnetwork antenna (not the FTA one I just bought) is already pointed to this satellite, there is one free preview channel on Echostar3, and I just wanted to use this signal as a startup point to make sure my samsung works, I had/have no intention of stealing signal, and I am not even sure what made you think otherwise from my post. If it's the way my message was worded, then apologies.

Chafik

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
What made me mention was the flood of hackers we have visiting the FTA forum with the sole intension of stealing programming. I am so glad that you are not included in this theft of satellite signals. : )

I always mention this when welcoming a new member who also mentions Dishnetwork, no offense was intended, once again I hope someone with the same receiver is able to help you further :D

carload

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 9, 2003
chankour said:
I bought a Samsung DSR3800 (along with a Ku band LNB and dish) to try my hands at FTA. The satellite I wanted to receive (Intelsat Americas 5 -- 97.W) is not listed in the satellite list.
Does it list Telstar 5? That's IA5's old name.

chankour

May 2, 2005
>>Does it list Telstar 5? That's IA5's old name.

Yes it does, and I was wondering if it was a 'retired' satellite, since it was in the same location as IA5. Thanks for the info. I am also assuming that all the setting are the same (signal rate, channel frequencies...etc)?

I am still curious about how one would go about adding their own satellite entries in the DRS3800, I just can't believe they made it this hard to do.

Chafik

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts