How to activate a Vip 722k without a smartcard

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bludreemz

Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
California
Hi I'm looking for some help I have a Vip 722k that I got from my brother in law. I tried activating the receiver to my account by I was told by a dish rep that it was still on his account and the also asked me for a smart card as well. My brother in law told me he canceled dish service back in January and he also said that the receiver came from dish with out a smart card. What can I do to activate this receiver on my acct. Thanks!!

Hi I'm looking for some help I have a Vip 722k that I got from my brother in law. I tried activating the receiver to my account by I was told by a dish rep that it was still on his account and the also asked me for a smart card as well. My brother in law told me he canceled dish service back in January and he also said that the receiver came from dish with out a smart card. What can I do to activate this receiver on my acct. Thanks!!
First it needs to be released from your brother in laws account. Sounds like it could be a leased receiver that needs to be returned to DISH. With the 722K connected to your TV go to menu 6-1-3 and the S# should be displayed.

Some receivers have the smart card embedded inside them and you can't see it. If Dish says the receiver is still on his account then he'll have to call Dish in order to take clear it off his account. If he was leasing that receiver then it needs to be shipped back to Dish. If it is clear and purchased then you can call Dish to have it activated to your account. They will ask for the serial number and smart card number. The serial number starts with an R and the smart card number starts with an S. You can find this info on a sticker on the back of the receiver or by hitting the menu button twice when the receiver is on.