How to add a 5th TV?

MichiDutch

Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
Hi,
I am not an expert at all, so please bear with me :) Here's my question.

My current setup
I have a dish pro500, two cables going into a DP34 switch. The switch feeds 4 separate 311 receivers. So far so good, no problems everything works.

Adding a 5th TV to my setup
But, I want to add a 5th TV in my office.

Easy Options?

1) it would not be a problem if this TV can only view the same channels as another TV if that's the easy way to go.
2) I guess it is not possible to simply split one of the four cables coming out of my DP34?
3) is a 322 receiver an option? Does this receiver need wiring to my fifth tv from the location where the 322 is located (I rather wire from my DP switch, since its installed next to my office, see 2)

Any suggestion to this rooky besides having a pro come over and pay him big bucks?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Answers:

1)You can run a cable from the RF (Ch.3) output of one of the 311's to the 5th TV. That 311 and the 5th TV would view the same channel.

2)Absolutely NOT!

3)You would still need to install a 2nd DP34 for an additional single tuner box or a 322.

To add a 5th TV with your setup, it is easiest to install a 2nd DP34 and run a cable (RG6) from port 1 to the 5th single tuner box--or an additional 2nd cable from port 2 to the second SAT input of a dual-tuner box. DP34's can be purchased on websites selling Dish products. The DishStore.net link is at the top of this page.

You will most likely have to pay for your 5th box as Dish has a limit of 4 leased tuners per residential account.

Hope you get your 5th TV hooked up.

Thanks DishSubLA: option 3 sounds great. I was not aware about the possibility of adding a second DP34! You perfectly answered my question.

The diagram is right on the face of the DP34.

For this situation, you could get away with a DP21 instead of another DP34 connected to the trunking outputs of your first DP34.

If it's no issue that the 5th tv is watching the same as another tv, why not get rid of the 34 switch, put on a DishPro Plus LNB and upgrade to 2 322's. It will save you 10 dollars each month. With Dish'n It Up you could get $200 back on your bill and if you own your 311's get $40 back by sending them back to Dish. Total upgrade cost (if 311's owned) about $50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts