How to add a Dish 625 to my current Dish 510 system?

Pula

Mar 27, 2006
Hello All

I believe this is a simple question....

I have a Dish 510 and I would like to add a Dish 625...

My system setup has only one cable coming in from the Satellite Antenna...into the Dish 510...my receiver setup says...receiving signals 119 and 110...

I assume I have a Dish Pro satellite antenna?..

I also assume I can use a diplexer to connect another cable from the antenna and split that into the 625 dual tuners....

Whats the best simplest or fastest or cheapest or most efficient way to do all of this...?

Can someone please correct my madness or agree with my gibberish...

Thanks...

Easiest & cheapest way to do it is to replace your current LNBF (probably a DP Twin) with a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF. You would then run one cable down from the LNBF into a separator and then into the satellite in ports on the 625 receiver. No you can not do this with your existing LNBF.

simplest way?

Thanks nsafreak

So your saying that I do not have to replace the entire antenna just the LNBF? WHich I assume is purchaseable seperately?...

And this seperator you speak of what exactly is that?

and i assume that another line would be run to the exoisting 510 also?

Remember Im no dish expert...so the more detail the less I have to bother anyone...

And this is really the best(easiest/simplest) way?...I hate to think I would move the antenna accidentally and end up having to start from scratch with no signal....

Thanks

Pula,

Yes, all you would need to do is replace the LNB with a Dish Pro Plus LNB. They are available at dishstore.net for a very good price. Here is the link...

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=229

The 625 is a dual tuner that needs a seperator. The 625 receiver ships with the seperator. The combination of the Dish Pro Plus LNB and seperator allows the LNB to send a double sat feed down one line of coax. The seperator has one coax input on one side with two coax outputs on the other side. The two coax outputs are connected to the 625. Here is a link to show what the seperator looks like...

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=159

Hope this helps!

-Mark

This is almost too easy!...(getting help that is!)

How did you or do you know that I do not already have the DPro twin LNBF as you described?..was it something from my other posts?..I only ask because I didnt know how to check for mysef(without a roof trip)..so Iam really curious?

I assume then that I can change the LNB myself...and all Id have to do is run the cable...?

Should I worry about moving the antenna too much when I change it?..or is there some give....

Does anyone know Dish’s policy on messing with the antenna? and if they will play any games with establishing the 625 on my account..(I’m out of contract and paying for the everything pack…and I only have the 510 active on my account now…use to have 4 other receivers?)...

Will there be any issues...that anyone has had?

...now if there were only sites like this for every question in life...Thanks

Last edited:
I would call Dish and ask about the DISH'n It Up upgrade. According to the
website, Dish will add DISH Network in another room of your home for only
$49.00. The website says you will get a DVR 522. You must commit to 18
months of service and you would be leasing the 522 (or 625).

I think this would be the easiest, maybe the cheapest too.

Mark

Pula said:
How did you or do you know that I do not already have the DPro twin LNBF as you described?
The recommendation was for the DP Plus Twin. The assumption that you don't have it is probably safe given the age of the 510 and that you aren't getting 3 satellites. It could be a legacy Twin or DP Twin, or even legacy duals with an SW21 but you don't mention an external switch. What does your receiver's Check Switch summary show?

Hello bobabird

I actually went ahead and and purchased a pro twin lnbf ...installed it(almost fell off roof)..other wise wne twell...everything is connected Sweeet..and now Im sertting itall to my personal likings....

One question..Im using the 625 on one tv(so I can record two shows at once)..but Im not haveing much luck with changing the Uhf remote to an Ir remote...

I want to do this so I can then program my SONY Remote commander(with the IR remote) to LEarn the signal..thereby no longer needing the two remotes..just my handy Universal... ANy ideas...

Thanks again..

There should have been two remotes with your 625. IR remote with the green (1) for TV 1 and the UHF with a Blue (2) for the second Tuner. Unless someone else has any ideas, I dont think you will able to change the 2nd tuner to IR

Hello There

I have been fishing and apparently this is Dish's greatest upset...They allow you to change TV1 to UHF but not TV2 to IR...Doesn't make sense?...DID the really not think people were gonna hook the 625's...to just one TV and be selfish ,,,,Its probably an easy upgrade but not enough request...

Ill keep searching but if you find or have a suggestion please post back..thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts