How to add International Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
I just ordered DTV and the installer is suppose to come next Monday. I want to add the Korean package and it could not be done with the initial order. It said to call 1 800-378-4179. I called that number and they want to communicate in any language EXCEPT ENGLISH. Sheesh! I finally got someone who could barely speak English and was advised to call 1 800-531-5000 and at that number I got someone from India who was hard to understand too. She told me that if she added the Korean package over the phone that I would miss out on an on-line special. She also told me that I would not need any additional equipment. I advised her that I would need an international dish to pick up the 95 satellite. She finally agreed that was true but said to ask for the Korean package after my first installation. That would require someone to come back and do a follow-on installation and probably extend my contract obligation. Also she said that my free HD would be cancelled and I would be charged the $10 a month fee that is suppose to be free!(?) That does not make sense. FWIW, I subbed to the Ultimate Choice. I quit DN because of the bad service and the Pico Brain CSRs. I see that DTV has hired from the same group of folks.

So what's the truth? I cannot order on-line until after the installation? Is there a special for the Korean Pkg if ordered on line and if so, what is it? What's the deal with losing the "free" HD and being punished for adding the Pkg with a $10 a month HD fee?? How can I get this into one installation? Thanks

Last edited:
You should be able to add the INt'l setup to the initial order. Seems dumb to have installer come twice
Call back tomorrow during the day. Usually when I call I get a US rep so its weird you got India. Only got them once when I called at like 10:00 at night

Obviously it will be 2 dishes (95 and the slimline) but you already knew that. You should be able to keep everything else as is.

You should be able to add the INt'l setup to the initial order. Seems dumb to have installer come twice
Call back tomorrow during the day. Usually when I call I get a US rep so its weird you got India. Only got them once when I called at like 10:00 at night

Obviously it will be 2 dishes (95 and the slimline) but you already knew that. You should be able to keep everything else as is.

Called 1030 CST and got a CSR in Calif. Told him what I wanted and he merely added the Korean Pkg to the existing offer. I asked him if anything would change with the original agreement other than the cost for the new Pkg and he advised nothing would change. Even the appointment data is still the same and he knew about the need for an additional dish. Hard to believe how far out in left field that East Indian CSR was. Sheeesh, she wasn't even in the ball park!

sweet. Glad you got it taken care of

Now when the tech calls, make sure to verify that he has the 2 dishes for the install :)

I sure will "T". When I initially ordered on-line there was a place to put a note to the installer and I advised him/her that I would be getting the Korean pkg. I'll also see if I can convince him to provide a '24.

No special offers on international channels. Your best chance is pay attention in the Korean newspaper ads advertising special offers. Sometimes you get $10 offer for 6-12 months with a 2 year contract.

sbsi
The install has been done already. The OP started a new thread because there were other issues ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)