How to add to range of UHF PRO on 722k for multiple TV2s

kitmcdowall

Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Des Moines Iowa
I have a 722k with 4 TV2s. I have extended the UHF antenna outside the entertainment center and it is about 1 foot up on the wall. For two of the TV2s the UHF PRO remotes work fine all the time. They are about 30 feet from the receiver, but in different rooms and different floors. The other two TV2s are much further from the receiver (about 70 ft), and work sometimes but not very often. The remotes seem to work fine up to about 40 ft.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can make the two distant remotes work?

I have a 722k with 4 TV2s. I have extended the UHF antenna outside the entertainment center and it is about 1 foot up on the wall. For two of the TV2s the UHF PRO remotes work fine all the time. They are about 30 feet from the receiver, but in different rooms and different floors. The other two TV2s are much further from the receiver (about 70 ft), and work sometimes but not very often. The remotes seem to work fine up to about 40 ft.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can make the two distant remotes work?

Back feed the remote antennas so they will be located in the tv2 rooms. It requires two splitters per set up. Connect a coax from both the tv2 home distribution jack and remote antenna jack into the splitter which then connects to your diplexer. In the tv2 room hook another splitter to the line going to the tv and connect one coax line back to the tv2 and hook the remote antenna to the other port on the splitter. That should eliminate your remote problems

Back feed the remote antennas so they will be located in the tv2 rooms. It requires two splitters per set up. Connect a coax from both the tv2 home distribution jack and remote antenna jack into the splitter which then connects to your diplexer. In the tv2 room hook another splitter to the line going to the tv and connect one coax line back to the tv2 and hook the remote antenna to the other port on the splitter. That should eliminate your remote problems

I've gotten one to work over 200' at a pool house by doing this.

At the 722k receiver, wouldn't I just need one splitter, since the UHF antennae cable and the TV2 cable will be combined before the signals are then split to go to the various (4) TV2s?

At the 722k receiver, wouldn't I just need one splitter, since the UHF antennae cable and the TV2 cable will be combined before the signals are then split to go to the various (4) TV2s?

You need a splitter behind the 722 to combine the remote antenna and tv2 out into the ingle line that goes to your diplexer/triplexer. In the TV2 room you would need to put a splitter on that one line so you can hook up the antenna to the line as well as a separate line for the TV2 itself.

OK. Thanks. But just to make sure you read my specific situation, I have four TV2s. Two of them can access the antenna at the back of the 722k. So for the new setup, I will have one splitter at the 722k to combine the TV2 and antenna cables, and then I will need 2 new antennas plus the one that I already. The two TV2 rooms that cannot now access the existing antenna will have a new splitter and a new antenna. Just want to be sure of the specifics before I order the 2 additional antennas and splitters.

OK. Thanks. But just to make sure you read my specific situation, I have four TV2s. Two of them can access the antenna at the back of the 722k. So for the new setup, I will have one splitter at the 722k to combine the TV2 and antenna cables, and then I will need 2 new antennas plus the one that I already. The two TV2 rooms that cannot now access the existing antenna will have a new splitter and a new antenna. Just want to be sure of the specifics before I order the 2 additional antennas and splitters.

You move the antenna to the tv2 rooms, you don't need an extra antenna. You remove the antenna from the back of the 722 and connect a coax cable to the antenna jack and that coax goes into the splitter, as well as the tv2 home distribution line. Then at the TV2 room, you currently have one line going into the TV2, hook the second splitter to that line and then run a short coax to tv2 from the splitter for the video and the antenna connects to the splitter as well.

Maybe I'm not explaining it clear enough...

Here's my suggestion:

I would recommend getting two splitters, two short coax cables, and one short, or medium length coax cable, depending on what you want.

Here's what you do: Remove your UHF antenna from the back of the 625. Remove the coax form your TV2 out jack. Attach a short coax cable to your Ant. In jack, and another to your TV2 out jack. Attach these cables to the splitter's "outputs." Now attach the "input" of the splitter to your cable going to TV2. It will either be a cable by itself, or a cable going to a diplexer, hooked to the diplexer's "TV2" jack.

Now, on the other end, where TV2 is, remove the coax from the back of the TV. Hook the coax to your other splitter's "input" jack. Hook the antenna you removed from your DVR 625 to one of the splitter's "output" jacks. Now, take your remaining coax cable (might want it to be longer, might not, doesn't really matter) and hook it to the other output jack on the splitter. Now hook the other end of the cable to your TV.

Now you should have no UHF Pro reception issues.

More info:

TV2 Tips & Tricks (Solution 3)

You are missing my point. I have (4) TV2s in (4) different rooms. So I will need an antenna in each TV2 room. Right?

Ahh ok I got you now. Well even moving the antenna closer to the tv2 rooms may help. You could get multiple antennas or even place the one antenna in a more centralized location to increase remote function on all four. But if you had 4 antennas I'm sure that would give you the best performance but I'm sure you could resolve the issue with only one or two.

Since two work find get a 3way splitter to put at receiver location use third port for current ant. Then in the rooms that have troubles put a 2way splitter with ant on one port. No need to buy ant, just strip some regular cable and it works as an ant.

Thanks for your help. I am going to buy the extra antennas. Stripped wire is pretty ugly. I know the stripped wire works because I tried that today. But the antennas are only $4 each.

More splitters + noise = bad picture.

Agreed, as an installer I will either mirror tvs or relocate antennas, but usually not both. Try a three way splitter at the receiver with a remote antenna and a short jumper to both the home distribution and the antenna port. At one of the distant locations have a two way splitter in line with another antenna connected to the tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts