How to aim my dish

velocita re

Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
Denver Colorado
Sorry this is so long.
I have a Dish 300 on top of my RV. Is it possible to received 129 with a 300? If so how would I determine azimuth and elevation? When I go the point dish menu and select 129 nothing is available. Also, I could not get a signal to input two of my 611 when I am on 119 so I could not record a program while watching another even on the same satellite. Dish seems to think the problem is the 300 not having enough signal strength since is a smaller dish. This seems reasonable. Any thoughts?

Now I have purchased a Dish 1000 to take on trips so I can receive all satellites at the some time. So when I did a trial run at home I set the elevation and skew to the same as on my home dish. No problem nailing the signal. However, Dish set my elevation to 48 and skew to 108 but when I use the Dish menu it says to select 110 or 119 for the numbers. It tells me skew is 101 and elevation is 43. Azimuth ok. What gives? Even the Satellite Guys don’t give me the same numbers. My worry is when I travel out of state I won’t know where to go to get the numbers I need. My zip is 80231.

How do you peak for skew?

Thanks,

Paul

Don' know the exact address, but there is a site and it's something like dishpointer.com. I know somebody has it posted in a few other threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts