How to check purchase history on 721 without connecting sats

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I've got a 721 that I need to unload. It's been replaced with a 722.

In order to sell it, I wanted to make sure there were no pending charges on it, so I called Dish about 18 hours prior to the swap and asked that they send my box the signal to clear out the purchase history. It was connected to the phone line the whole time.

Just prior to the swap, there was still an event in the purchase history. I couldn't wait (because the installer was there and Dish requires the swap be done by an installer since the 722 is leased).

I just got through connecting the 721 via RF to an 13" TV in another room and didn't connect any dishes to it. I can check DVR list (which I cleared prior to disconnect) and DVR event history (which we know can't be cleared). However, the option to view purchase history is greyed-out. Do I have to connect it to the dishes just to be able to view this? I have not yet had the box removed from my account.

Also, I wish there was a way to clear DVR event history. Not that I care if any future owners look back and see that I've recorded 50 Futurama's, but if I were the new owner, I'd like it to feel like a new box. Just as if I were to sell or give an old PC to someone else, I'd reformat and clean install the OS. Doing a factory reset made no difference here.

Additionally, I assume, I'll just need to leave the 721 connected to a phone line for an extended period so it'll dial-out and eventually clear the purchase history (even though as of right now I can't check to see when it's successful). Do I also need to have the dishes connected to ensure a dial-out? I sure hope not as that would be pretty inconvenient.

Otherwise I don't know what to do with this box. I don't want to use eBay, and any other future owner would/should be hesitant to take the box without knowing it's free and clear.

You can go into the menu and set your rcvr back to factory default and go to dignostic (make sure a phone line is connected) and have it dial out... that should clear your purchase history... You'll need a TV hooked up to this rcvr to see what you are doing in the menu....

Yeah, options are greyed out during boot when the user has no signal so the user can't try to do a lot of things except watch DVR.

You can still hook it up even though it is not authorized anymore and do what you need to.

The Purchase History used to be stored on the hard drive for a longer history, but now it all comes from the smart card.

It may still be showing in the purchase history even though it has been collected. It may still show until the smart card clears it... like a billing cycle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts