How to combine channels RF 3 and RF 21?

artisticcheese

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Hello,

I have dual tuner Dish DVR 625 and I have 2 RF outputs setup on channel 3 and 21. I'd like to combine those and redistribute throught the house through structured cabling.
What kind of device do I need to combine those signals. Also do I need to combine them before amplifier or after?

I rember a coustomer of mine wanting to do that with a tv 2 output and an over the air connection... you can try a backwards splitter and see how that works, but I remember the coustomer having to buy the specific combiner at ratshack to do this.. then we had to amplify the signal. we had to do it on chanel 4 becase 3 wouldnt work. also we had problems with the OTA feed because chan 5 nbc here in chicago was bleeding into channel 4 so the solution was to put an antinuator from the ant feed.. combine everything.. and then amplify everything for the 6 tvs in the house.. It was a pain in the ass but we got it done and it kept the coustomer with dish and happy.

A splitter to combine the two feeds out of the receiver will work fine. Depending on how many lines you are trying to run you may need an amplifier. I have found that most of the time 8 lines will not require an amp after that you start to get a grainy picture.

Alot of people do this when they put the receiver in the basement, and run both TV1 and TV2 on UHF remotes. Just use a two way splitter to combine the two feeds into one line then feed that 1 line into the splitter in the distribution box.

You need a Super Home Node to combine the 2 signals in and give you 4 outputs for TVs. You should be able to get this from your local Dish Dealer.

The best way to combine the uhf and vhf outputs of the dual recs, is a 75/75/75 uv band separator. ;)

Reason being the cable "sex" is correct.

Attachments

• MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 166
Thats a Radio Shack antenna splitter I don't know if they still carry that one but you could get a 300 omh uhf and put an adapter on it to make it 75 omhs.

No you do not NEED one of those.

As long as OTA is NOT involved, just use a splitter as the combiner. Works fine.

An amplifier may or may not be necessary. Also, when combining the relatively weak TV1 VHF output with the really good TV2 UHF output, you might need to use the supplied attenuator to equalize the signal strengths.

That will work fine, as will a standard splitter. I just like the band separators as you don't have to make up jumpers, and it is tuned to correct bands. Tuned devices will have lower loss and less chance of interference than a broadband splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)