How to combine Horizontal & Vetical outputs from Prime*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
I am using an old Primestar dish + LNB to get 105. LNB has two separate outputs for horizontal & vertical. I connected to vertical and I can see signal from that.

What switch I can combine Horizontal & Vertical outputs to one ? Brand & model no ??

I have a Dish-500 system with internal SW-21, so I plan to use another external SW-21 to combine the outputs from Primestar dish & Dish-500.

Thanks,
/Kri

The only thing I can think of for you to try is a manual A/B switch DISH receivers don't have a voltage output for H/V switching as a Primestar receiver would.

You could use SW64/44/42 for using the LNBF; one thing should be checked - which input of those switches is H, which is V.

Don't use A/B mechanical switch - you could fry your receiver or LNBF ! ALso it will not works as needed.

Finally I found a use for my SW-42 (if I did not rid of it already). Thought that thing would not have a special purpose. So how would you hook up the SW42 to it? By using Dish 1 for H and Dish 2 for V while connecting up the two individuals (not twin) to the other side where it says Dish 1 and Dish 2 for second receiver? If someone was dedicating 105 for a particular receiver could a SW-21 work? I didnt think these switches would be able to do this.

The legacy switches _working_ for such LNBF; you can combine with other dual output DSS LNBF or use just for one 105 or 121 satellite. May be you have two FSS dishes/LNBFs ? Then SW42 will make for Super2 dish :) .

It doesn't work with the outputs from the primstar H/V lnb into the sw21 to get both polarities. Run the H/V feeds into a sw64 and then it will work.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts