? How to combine these 2 systems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PANHANDLER

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Western NY , Fredonia
What i'm trying to do is combine my 31" fortec and the 8' unimesh into one system, utilizing the Trds3 5x8 switch. I'm not sure if it's even possiable sense the trd only has 1, 13v and 1, 18 v input and the Geosat sk1 requires H:16~18V:12~14.5V on the c-band side and H: 16~18V: 11~14V on the ku side . T o better explain what i'm looking at i'm posting a pic . Also correct me if i'm wrong i'm thinking i need to make one of my slave recievers a master for the unimesh setup. This is no prob . What i'm doing now is swapping out the coax from the 31" to the unimesh on my master . There has to be a better way. Any suggestions ? Thanx in advance ;}

Attachments

• quau w 6x8.JPG
    quau w 6x8.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 190
That wont work....if you want more than one receiver off the quad LNB (QPH031) you need to use all 4 outputs of the quad to the multiswitch

That wont work....if you want more than one receiver off the quad LNB (QPH031) you need to use all 4 outputs of the quad to the multiswitch

Thats exactly what i was thinking Iceberg , i am useing all 4 connections at the moment for the 31" fortec and it's working great , i was hopeing i could eliminate two of them to incorporate the unimesh ,i guess thats not going to happen . Still looking for any sugestions to pull this all together .

I think you should forget the Ku side of the 8 footer, and get a Geosat C2 lnbf. Then you could have 1 5x8 multiswitch ( dedicated to the Invacom) and 1 3x4 switch (dedicated to the C2 C-band lnbf) , each with 4 outputs, so you could feed 4 receivers ( each receiver with it's own Diseqc switch. That's something like my setup.
:)

I think you should forget the Ku side of the 8 footer, and get a Geosat C2 lnbf. Then you could have 1 5x8 multiswitch ( dedicated to the Invacom) and 1 3x4 switch (dedicated to the C2 C-band lnbf) , each with 4 outputs, so you could feed 4 receivers ( each receiver with it's own Diseqc switch. That's something like my setup.
:)

That makes alot of sense , thank you brent636 :up

already drawn up:

Here's a wiring diagram in the Switches Simplified FAQ that sort of applies.
It's three LNBs, and three receivers.

But, for what little extra trouble it'd be, I'd use two 5x8's (4x8's) and have room to easily add another LNB in the future.
The next post in that thread, has eight LNBs and four receivers.
You could use just as much of the drawing as needed to get your job done.

The main consideration is that all LNBs need two outputs each.

thank you anole , your referances are greatly appreciated . I can see the hard work you put into all the illistrations , Maybe i'm just pushing the envelope a bit , but i want all thats out there on fta. My next step is to purchase a HD reciever so i can utilize the c band . I have to say i realy appreciate all the input from ya all .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)