How to Confirm Receipt/Credit for Returned Receiver?

geekboy2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Philly Suburbs, PA
After my upgrade to the VIP-722, I sent my 625 back. The tracking info reveals that it was received. Does DISH confirm in some way (e-mail, entry on your account page, phone call) that they have received it, and have credited your account accordingly? I just want to make sure I'm not going to get hit with a charge, because they claim not to have received it.

Thanks!
Mark

SAVE your tracking receipt:eureka: It is the only way you really have to prove to them that they received it if in fact they call you and say that they did not receive it. Also, check your bill for the credit. It took me several months of calling them back to have them give me the credits that I was suppost to have received.

When I returned a receiver, after UPS showed delivery and a signature, I called customer service a day or two later to "ask" if they'd rec'd it. The phone person didn't know, surprise, surprise, so I told them "so-and-so signed for it on (date) at (time)" and told them to note my account as such.

I returned a receiver once. I just kept the tracking receipt. Nothing went wrong.

In my case it was a 211 with an issue for another 211.

That was 16 months ago and all is well.

I returned one, several months later, a phone call requested $599.. Could not find the track receipt. I called back and said it was returned. The sales dept CSR said she would reverse the billing and remove the charge... We'll see, I get the feeling that they have too many departments and they don't read the data that has been entered.

A few months ago and more than a year after I cancelled Dish, I received a notice from them saying I owed money for a receiver I RMAed in 2001. Keep that shipping proof forever as it seems they will go back a good amount of time to try to get money out of you.

I also sold 2 old and owned by me Dish receivers on e-Bay. In both cases I made sure to call Dish to make sure they are 100% disassociated from my account to make sure the new owner would not have any trouble.

They assured me that all is well. After reading all of this, I hope that never comes back to haunt me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts