How to connect bluetooth headphones to Joey

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
I know that I need Dish's USB dongle to attempt this, but I haven't found any documentation online on how to accomplish this; all articles point to the Hopper. In the Joey menu, there isn't even an option for bluetooth.

Can headphones be connected to a Joey?
If so, can I listen to my TV normally, and then pair my headphones to mute the tv and hear it through the headphones? Without touching anything on the TV or the Joey?

Yes, there is a Dish Bluetooth dongle for the Joey that when plugged into the USB port enables Bluetooth on the Joey. It's fairly self explanatory one the option is in your setup menu. You can mute the TV and listen only through the headphones.

Reactions: NABRIL
thanks wa6---are you saying that the bluetooth menu option will appear once the dongle is connected? I don't see bluetooth in my Joey menu at the moment, and I don't have the dongle yet.

thanks wa6---are you saying that the bluetooth menu option will appear once the dongle is connected? I don't see bluetooth in my Joey menu at the moment, and I don't have the dongle yet.
I'm sure that is done with purpose. If you don't have the dongle you won't see anything relating to bluetooth. If it were there without the dongle Dish would be getting a ton of phone calls asking why it doesn't work. ;)

Reactions: navychop and NABRIL
I'm sure that is done with purpose. If you don't have the dongle you won't see anything relating to bluetooth. If it were there without the dongle Dish would be getting a ton of phone calls asking why it doesn't work. ;)

good point. Yet, the option appears on the Hopper's menu.

Yes, If I remember correctly it appeared after I plugged in the adapter.

I purchased a generic bluetooth adapter, and the Joey did not recognize it. Since there is so little documentation, it's impossible to anticipate functionality. The model I purchased was USB Bluetooth v4 Adapter Dongle.

I see a post for the IOGear 4.0 that implied that it worked, but that is the same technology as the one I bought (Bluetooth 4.0).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)