How to connect my TV2 (coaxial feed) to my AVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dsam

Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
I am not sure which forum to post but I am posting here as I have Dish.

It is a long story but TV2 has become the main area where we watch Dish and TV mostly. I got a new AVR and a new speaker system for that location (TV2) but I do not how to connect it to my TV 2.
I have a ViP 722 connected to TV1 (HDMI) in upstairs area and dish feed comes from that to the TV2 downstairs thru coaxial cable thru walls and a wall jack and then to TV2. I want to route the dish coaxial feed thru my AVR so that I can use my speaker system but my AVR has no coaxial input.

help appreciated.

I guess if your TV has L-R audio outs, you could connect those to the AVR. My experience with sound over coax TV2 is that it's pretty bad (lots of background noise), and it might sound worse through a good system.

Brad

If your TV doesn't have any audio outputs you could run the coax to an old VCR you might have laying around gathering dust and use the audio outs on that to your AVR.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)