how to do a 3 Hopper 2 Joey setup.

Troch77

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2015
Southern PA
With the Hopper 3, my fees will go down by about $12 per month. I have four HWS, and two Joeys, so I pay $62 in fees, with the Hopper 3, that should go to $50 per month.
Hey Bob, can you show me how to do a 3 Hopper 2 Joey setup.
And actually can you show me both ways to Incorporate the 3rd hopper into the whole home, and Have 1 Hopper 1 Joey seperate from my Current 2 Hopper 2 Joey system.
I would appreciate it. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hey Bob, can you show me how to do a 3 Hopper 2 Joey setup.
And actually can you show me both ways to Incorporate the 3rd hopper into the whole home, and Have 1 Hopper 1 Joey seperate from my Current 2 Hopper 2 Joey system.
I would appreciate it. Thanks

Here is a diagram that I put together, it is a modified version of one made by TechWriter. 3 Hopper.jpg

Here is a diagram that I put together, it is a modified version of one made by TechWriter. View attachment 112752
Okay since I have a Dpp44, I would just need a Dpp33, and a Solo node, and I'm guessing the 3 joeys would just come off the other client port on the duo node?

The other Question is I only have a EA2, so I only have 2 wires from Dish to DPP44, so does that mean when I stack the DPP 33 to the 44, do I use all 3 ports or just 2?

I found this.
But again I'm not sure If I need 3 wires from the DPP44 -the DPP33
With EA2 lnb
9819aa1349a0bf42ced4b2528a498d12.jpg

Okay Thanks, But still 3 wires to the Duo nodes correct?
If I decide to use 2 Duos and not a Duo and solo.

Yes, 3 wires to a duo node. That gives you the 3 Hopper tuners on 2 Hoppers. :)

If Tech writer just used a Dpp44 he wouldn't need all those Extra splitters.

I didn't even know you could Split the signal from the LNB, before the multi switch.

I added those splitters in there, I think he has one like that too. I had rather use DPP33's since they don't need a power inserter. I have used DPP44's. Are you wanting another HWS? If you don't have one yet, I have three mint HWS that are owned I'll be looking to let go at a good price once I get a H3.

I added those splitters in there, I think he has one like that too. I had rather use DPP33's since they don't need a power inserter. I have used DPP44's. Are you wanting another HWS? If you don't have one yet, I have three mint HWS that are owned I'll be looking to let go at a good price once I get a H3.
I may take you up on that.
I have a feeling I'm not going to be upgrading to and H3 this year.
I'm going to see if Dish will do a Hopper 3 upgrade, But if not reasonable, then I'm going to Add another 211z, or possibly the 3rd Hopper with another Joey.

I wanted to get an idea how to wire one, and what else I need to buy with it.
I could save alot of money per month, If the Hopper 3 really only cost $15 a month though.

I use two DPP44s now because I was having MoCA issues on the DPP33 Hopper. (I used 2 Duo Nodes just because I didn't have a spare Solo Node.)

mydish_three_hoppers_single_network.jpg

I use two DPP44s now because I was having MoCA issues on the DPP33 Hopper. (I used 2 Duo Nodes just because I didn't have a spare Solo Node.)

mydish_three_hoppers_single_network.jpg
Oddly enough, I had the opposite problem, I had issues with the DPP44's and this way with the 33's has, so far (knock on wood) been trouble free with a 4 Hopper setup.
BTW, you have excellent diagrams, what do you use to make those?

I'm going to use 2 Duo nodes I decided, and 2 Dpp44 .
The DPP33's, Cost more then the 44s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)