How to do PIP on 522 receiver

khatrudave

Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Hello...I just got my 522 less than a week ago and find this forum really helpful. But the one thing I can't figure out is how to do the PIP. I have tried the simple things with no success. Can someone PLEASE walk me through how to get the PIP to work.....

THANKS..................Dave

I wish they had the front input on the 522 like the 721 has because then you would've been able to connect the RCA cables from the back of the receiver on tv tuner 2 out to the front and hit 0 to get back and forth on PIP while staying in two user mode. This would also allow you to check up on what the other person is doing.

I imagine one could hook the tv output of tuner 2 (or with a splitter even to have an additional output from it) to antenna input on tuner 1 and hit the tv/video button to see whats on but that dont work too well for those that hook tuner 1 up to the tv with RCA cables. I wish there was a way to view the antenna in through the RCA cables the same way you could when you hit tv/video on the RG-59 coax connection.

If one has PIP functionality in their tv set then one could hook up tuner 2 to another tv input and view the other tuner that way.

As SimpleSimon stated, you need to put the 522 into Single Mode:

Press MODE on the front of the 522.

TV1 TV2 MODE
[ ] [ ] Dual
recording
[ ] [ ] Single <-- make sure this light is on.

Press PIP

It will bring up a small picture in the lower right corner of the screen.

Press PIP again. It will make the inset screen a little larger.

With POSITION you can set the PIP to any one of 9 places:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

SWAP will do just that. It will swap what is in the PIP window with what is on the TV screen.

THANKS for the info...I fugured it out last night....I'm SURE I will be back with more questions and comments

to resync audio follow these simple steps.

1. Stay Calm
2. Swear
3. Hit the skip back button 2 or 3 times.. then forward again
4. Get a beer.
5. Enjoy synced audio with moving pictures !

Activ8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)