HOW TO: Edit All Sub/All Chan Lists, View only Sub Chan in Themes

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
View only subscribed channels in Themes Menu without the PPV channels being listed there or in the All Sub/All Chan Fav lists. No red shown in the EPG or Themes if you edit out those channels.

I have been able to accomplish this with the 301/311 or any other receiver in which you can hide locked channels. It does require some work to weed out the channels you do not want on the All Sub/All Chan Fav List but it will prevent you from having to go through all the ''junk'' channels. I notice that the 721 does not have the ''HIDE LOCKED CHANNELS" option so this is a bummer as it would not work with that receiver.

You go into the locks menu, choose "Hide Locked Channels" and then go to the Channel locks section. Choose the channels that you would to lock (not want to view in the All Sub/All Chan list). When you get to the PPV section and other high number channels you can keep the select button pressed down to allow it to keep checkmarking the channels really quick to speed up the process. Click Doen when you are done.

When you do this combination it will not only hide the channels that you chose to lock in the EPG/Browse/Channel Up-Down functionalities but also hide those channels from the ones you select in creating your favorite lists. This makes it much easier to create favorite lists. Another thing, it makes it so much easier when you are looking for shows to watch using the THEMES option. It hides all those channels you chose to lock (such as the PPV's, foreign channels, and all those channels that are red in the EPG). If you checkmark all the unsubscribed channels to lock then all those will become hid as if the channels do not exist.

This is what some have been wanting for a while and this is the solution to the problem. To view all those other channels all you have to do is unhide all locked channels but when you go to those stations they will still be locked. You could also choose to unlock all channels. I wish Dish would come up with a way to just hide all unsubscribed channels (including PPV) without having to go through all of this, but this is a workaround.

I know you can create favorites lists but this helps with the Themes and All Chan/All Sub/Favorite List Setup functionalities.

Stargazer said:
I have been able to accomplish this with the 301/311 or any other receiver in which you can hide locked channels. It does require some work to weed out the channels you do not want on the All Sub/All Chan Fav List but it will prevent you from having to go through all the ''junk'' channels. I notice that the 721 does not have the ''HIDE LOCKED CHANNELS" option so this is a bummer as it would not work with that receiver.

Same with the 811.

Does the 322 and 522 allow you to hide locked channels? I hope they allow the 721 to do so in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)