How to factory default the 522 remote?

justthinking

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
Does anyone know how can we factory default the remotes that came with 522 Receiver?
I want to know how to restore factory default in case the SAT portion of the control got screwed.
Also, I would like to blank the memory so the other 3 set of controls (TV, VCR, AUX) can be blanked.

Also, I am having problem with the program guide, the local channel portion of the progamming guide
only shows up to 1 hour in advance anything beyond that shows information not available.

Anyone know how to get the programming guide to retrieve all the information include
the local channels so I can schedule the recording properly?

Thanks

As for the second part with the locals, I had this problem too. Try this:

First, hold the power button on the front of the 522 for 6 seconds (until it shuts off) and allow it to reboot itself. If, during this process after acquiring the signal, it downloads a new program guide, it should have a fresh guide with all of the local information. If it doesnt...

Go to Point Dish (Menu > 6 > 1 > 1) and do a Check Switch. Once that completes, exit out of the menu screen and it should acquire signal and download a fresh guide.

If neither one of those downloads a new guide, try unplugging the 522 for a several minutes and then it should download a fresh guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts