How to Force Update on 625

SgtRock

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Howell, MI
I've searched for the force procedure, but can't find it on here. My 625 is still at L298, and I turn my tuner off every night. Don't understand why it hasn't moved up to the newest software....

Thanx!!!

RandallA said:
What happens if you run check switch and then let it sit for 15 minutes? Have you guys tried that?
Thanks for the information but it didn't do anything for me.:(

until they push it for "all" receivers, if your R00 number isn't in the list you won't get it period.

Well, it was going Full Phase when I checked on Wednesday. I just checked now and it's Partial Phase so that explains it why the OP is not getting it.

09/22/2006: 1141 Software Version L3.83 for DVR625

Effective Wednesday, September 20th, Engineering has spooled a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.83 for the DVR625 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L2.98 and L3.83 will be the valid software versions for the DVR625.

Yeap, it went Full Phase today.

09/25/2006: 1606 Software Version L3.83 for DVR625

Effective Tuesday, September 26th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.83 for the DVR625 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L3.83 will be the valid software versions for the DVR625.

To make it take a download you need to go to the signal strength screen put it on sat 19 transponder 19 turn tv2 remote off 1st the turn tv 1 remote off let the box go for about 5mins it should take the download then.

Dial out Error

Neutron said:
Mine has it.

According to my diag screen the last dial out was on Sept 18th.

I have a DVR625 with a Voice over IP System (A company called Lingo). When I test my phone connection, it states that the phone connection is good. When I try dial out option it gives me a Dial out error. I was told by dish that there may be a prefix code I need to enter. Any inputs?

1. checkswitch screen
2. set sat to 119
3. set transponder to 19
4. Using remote turn power off
5. Within (if not immediately) 5-10 minutes receiver will turn back on and download new software (if available).

pv4022 said:
To make it take a download you need to go to the signal strength screen put it on sat 19 transponder 19 turn tv2 remote off 1st the turn tv 1 remote off let the box go for about 5mins it should take the download then.

Ug... disregard. I should pay better attention to responses! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)