How to get 1080 resolutions?

jphhughes

Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
THis is my first post on this forum. I just connected the cablevision 8300HDDVR to my new 50" Plasma TV. :) I was sure when It first came up it was showing a resolution of 1080. Then I made the mistake of reading the manual and did the wizard thing now it only shows 480 resolution. :mad: Is there a way to change the resolution back to 1080? The box is currently connected with component cables supplied by Cablevision. Thanks.

ps I did go into the setting menu but did no see anything for that type of setting change.

Attachments

• dvr_guide.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 432
Last edited:
I did the wizard from the cable box, by pressing the Guide and INFO button at the same time. The display is a Panasonic TH-50PX60U Plasma 50" TV. Native Resolution 1366 x 768. Thanks

I did the wizard from the cable box, by pressing the Guide and INFO button at the same time. The display is a Panasonic TH-50PX60U Plasma 50" TV. Native Resolution 1366 x 768. Thanks

You should try setting the 8300 to match your display:
720p

Ok thanks to all. The setting is under additional settings (cable Box) and chaning display from fixed to pass-through brought it up to 1080i. Much sharper picture. Regards,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts