How to get 3-lnb dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

da_smush

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 9, 2004
When I got DirecTV about a month ago, I got pretty much the lowest-quality setup possible. I have the 18" single-lnb dish and 3 of the free philips receivers.

I want to upgrade to the 3-lnb satellite since I'll be remounting the dish on my roof anyways. Any suggestions on how to do that? Can they deliver me a dish all set up and let me mount it on my roof? If so, who do I need to call and what do I need to tell them? Should I get a story straight about why I want HDTV capability in the future or something?

FYI, DirecTV couldn't mount the 3-lnb dish because the line of sight from the corner of the garage roof is through a neighbor's tree, and the guy wasn't allowed to go up on the roof. Also, will I need to run any more cables than my current dish already has set up?

Thanks for the help.

You have to call in and order a $49 multi-sat upgrade with 1 year comment. Or go to a local electronics store and purchase one, they are around $99.

most stores like CC BB and UE will sell you the dish for $49. Honestly if you commit to D* for the year you will not have to install the dish yourself. It is not hard but if you are uncomfortable doing it anyway, this will leave you an out in the event that it does not work.

I just called and asked for the free installation package they had recently and made sure they signed me up for the para todos package...(not the programming, as I am not spanish I am just named after a guitar)

So I got the dish for no extra cost.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts